Identity: My Life of Faith Bible Study Kit
includes a Bible Study Book
and DVD with six short teaching videos, promotional videos, and promotional tools such as PowerPoint® slides, web banners, and leader articles. Kit also includes leaders guide with commentary.
This six-session study supplies insights in response to the important question, "Who are you?" People define themselves by their role in a family, the work they do, their family history, or their interests and passions. For followers of Jesus, identity is wrapped up in who Jesus isand His lordship over our lives. Every other facet of lifewho we are and what we dobegins and ends with Jesus. As believers, we never lose our uniqueness in our various roles, but those roles are transformed by our life of faithour true, defining identity.
Following Christ means following Him to the cross and dying to self. Believers set aside self-interests, often going out of our way to help others. This is because spiritual growth is integrally tied to relationships between believers and serving others. Service to others will become second nature to a mature believer.
This may require stepping out of your comfort zone, but it is one of the most effective ways to bring the message of Christ to others. No matter what cultural or even physical differences there may be between believers, we become closer as the family of God when we serve one another. Believers fuel the spiritual growth of others when we love and treat others as we would Jesus.
When believers carry out our family roles as commanded by God, we strengthen our families. And, how we serve our families, carry out our work, and live out our faith is a strong, consistent witness of our relationship to Jesus Christ.
Session titles and Scriptures:
1. Life in Christ (Luke 9:1826)
2. Life in the Church (1 Peter 4:711)
3. Life at Home (Ephesians 5:22-28; 6:13)
4. Life at Work (Colossians 3:224:1)
5. Life in the Community (Matthew 25:3440)
6. Life on Mission (1 Corinthians 9:1927)Kit
• Bible Study Book
• 1 DVD-ROM
• Teaching videos
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
• Leader material (guides to questions with optional questions and activities, general leadership, etc.)
• Life application-based, topical studies
• Streamlined experience
• Commentary and word study
• Leadership articles available in the Leader Kit
• Sermon outlines available at http://blog.lifeway.com/biblestudiesforlife/pastors/
• Understand that "dying to self" can mean setting aside self-interests and allowing Christ in you to serve others.
• See how embracing service to others can become second nature to mature believers.
• Strengthen your witness.
• Develop stronger relationships with other believers.
• Apply the truth that real meaning and lasting purpose result from grounding your life in Christ.
• Learn that serving the body of Christ means serving the church.
• See how love and hospitality grow from acts of service.
• Get biblical insight for your life…today.
• Develop leaders to be fearless and unashamed to serve Christ.
• See that self-discipline and self-denial result from stepping into the shoes of others to share Christ.