Add To Cart
As disciples of Jesus, we were made to be different; to be distinct from the crowd. Part of the Bible Studies for Life small group series, Distinct: Living Above the Norm is a 6-session study based on Jesus' famous Sermon on the Mount and shows us how our every day lives are full of opportunities for us to be distinct and not blend in with the norm.
The Distinct Bible Study Book is designed to be used in conjunction with the video teachings found in the Leader Kit and include applicable Scripture, key word study, and a life application section called "Live It Out" for each of the six sessions.
|Title: Bible Studies for Life: Distinct, Bible Study Book|
Number of Pages: 80
Publication Date: 2019
|Weight: 7 ounces|
Series: Bible Studies for Life
Stock No: WW034971
Bible Studies for Life: Welcome Home, DVD Leader KitMichael Kelley, Thom S. RainerLifeway / 2019 / DVD$16.99 Retail:Video
$27.98Save 39% ($10.99)
Holy Vocabulary: Rescuing the Language of Faith, DVD Leader KitMichael KelleyLifeway / 2010 / DVD$39.99 Retail:
$59.99Save 33% ($20.00)
Distinct Bible Study Book includes a small group experience for six sessions, applicable Scripture, key word study, and a life application section called "Live It Out."
We like to fit in. Ever since we were kids, we wanted to like the right kind of music, wear the right clothes, and use the right technology. We still do.
But we were made to be different and live in such a way that its clear we arent bandwagon crowd-followers; were followers of Jesus. That fact makes us stand apartdistinct from the crowd.
When we started following Jesus, everything about us changed whether we recognized it or not. We have a new heart. We have new desires. We have new attitudes. And all of that newness stands in sharp contrast to the old.
In his most famous sermon, Jesus helped His followersboth then and nowto see just how different God made us to be. In everything from our character to our relationships to the way we love other people, we were made to stand apart from the crowd. Just as it was for those who heard the Sermon on the Mount for the first time, every day is filled with opportunities for us to blend into the norm. Or to be distinct.
1. Distinct In My Influence (Matthew 5:13-20)
2. Distinct In My Character (Matthew 5:1-12)
3. Distinct In My Approach to Conflict (Matthew 5:21-26)
4. Distinct In My Relationships (Matthew 5:27-32)
5. Distinct In My Reactions (Matthew 5:33-42)
6. Distinct In My Love (Matthew 5:43-48)
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
- Leader material (guides to questions with optional questions and activities, general leadership, etc.)
- Life application-based, topical studies
- Streamlined experience
- Commentary and word study
- Leadership articles available in the Bible Study Kit
- Sermon outlines available at www.biblestudiesforlife.com/media
- Help groups members understand how to manage the tension of being a citizen in Gods kingdom.
- Get a deeper understanding of Jesus Sermon on the Mount.
- See all the implications of what it means to be different, or "distinct," within the world.
- Get biblical insight for your life…today.
Michael Kelley is a husband, dad, author, and speaker. He serves as the director of groups at LifeWay Christian Resources, and in all those arenas, is trying to help people have a holistic view of what it means to be formed in Jesus. Michael is the author of Boring: Finding an Extraordinary God in an Ordinary Life and Wednesdays Were Pretty Normal, which tells the story of his 10-year-old sons battle with leukemia.
Michael Kelley is director of Discipleship at LifeWay Christian Resources and author of Boring: Finding an Extraordinary God in an Ordinary Life. His previous works include Holy Vocabulary, The Tough Sayings of Jesus, and Wednesdays Were Pretty Normal. He holds a Master of Divinity degree from Beeson Divinity School in Birmingham, Alabama. Michael and his wife have three children and live in Nashville, Tennessee.