Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Publication Date: 2019
Series: Bible Studies for Life
Distinct Bible Study Kit includes a Bible Study Book and DVD with six short teaching videos featuring Michael Kelley, promotional videos, and promotional tools such as Powerpoint® slides, web banners, and leader articles. Kit also includes leaders guide with commentary.
We like to fit in. Ever since we were kids, we wanted to like the right kind of music, wear the right clothes, and use the right technology. We still do.
But we were made to be different and live in such a way that its clear we arent bandwagon crowd-followers; were followers of Jesus. That fact makes us stand apartdistinct from the crowd.
When we started following Jesus, everything about us changed whether we recognized it or not. We have a new heart. We have new desires. We have new attitudes. And all of that newness stands in sharp contrast to the old.
In his most famous sermon, Jesus helped His followersboth then and nowto see just how different God made us to be. In everything from our character to our relationships to the way we love other people, we were made to stand apart from the crowd. Just as it was for those who heard the Sermon on the Mount for the first time, every day is filled with opportunities for us to blend into the norm. Or to be distinct.
1. Distinct In My Influence (Matthew 5:13-20)
2. Distinct In My Character (Matthew 5:1-12)
3. Distinct In My Approach to Conflict (Matthew 5:21-26)
4. Distinct In My Relationships (Matthew 5:27-32)
5. Distinct In My Reactions (Matthew 5:33-42)
6. Distinct In My Love (Matthew 5:43-48)
- Bible Study Book
- 1 DVD-ROM
- Teaching videos
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
- Leader material (guides to questions with optional questions and activities, general leadership, etc.)
- Life application-based, topical studies
- Streamlined experience
- Commentary and word study
- Leadership articles available in the Bible Study Kit
- Sermon outlines available at www.biblestudiesforlife.com/media
- Help groups members understand how to manage the tension of being a citizen in Gods kingdom.
- Get a deeper understanding of Jesus Sermon on the Mount.
- See all the implications of what it means to be different, or "distinct," within the world.
- Get biblical insight for your life…today.
- Help leaders prepare for the group meeting and feel confident in their understanding of the material.
- Use content to develop new leaders.
Michael Kelley is director of Discipleship at LifeWay Christian Resources and author of Boring: Finding an Extraordinary God in an Ordinary Life. His previous works include Holy Vocabulary, The Tough Sayings of Jesus, and Wednesdays Were Pretty Normal. He holds a Master of Divinity degree from Beeson Divinity School in Birmingham, Alabama. Michael and his wife have three children and live in Nashville, Tennessee.