- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2013
Series: Bible Savvy
Made up of four individual volumes (Epic, Foundation, Context, and Walk), Bible Savvy is a foundational resource for those wanting to better understand the Bible.
From the whole storyline of the Bible to the personal application of it, this set of four accessible books is an ideal resource for small groups, Sunday school classes, youth groups, and individuals seeking to increase their breadth of knowledge about Gods word.
Epic: The Storyline of the Bible unveils the single theme that ties all the various parts of scripture together: redemption.
Foundation: The Trustworthiness of the Bible explains that the Bible is God's book, not merely man-made, and why it can be wholly trusted.
Context: How to Understand the Bible shows readers how to read the different parts of the Bible as they were meant to be read, and how they fit together.
Walk: How to Apply the Bible helps readers put their greater understanding of the text into practice and know how to draw real-life applications from it.
Kris BushOrlando, FLAge: 25-34Gender: female4 Stars Out Of 5July 25, 2013Kris BushOrlando, FLAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 3This is a four book series that is pretty awesome. The series is made up of Epic (book 1), Foundation (book 2), Context (book 3), and Walk (book 4). It is probably best to read these books in correct order as each book builds upon the previous one. For example what is learned in Epic will be touch upon in Foundation, however if you don't read Epic first you may feel a bit off.
I guess because I spend quite a bit of time in my bible and I already own 2 study bibles, I didn't quite get much out of the Foundation and Context books. I must say that Epic is my favorite of the four. And Walk is usual at any stage in life.
From my reading of the series, I can safely say that I believe this series was written with the intention to break down the bible for people who want to read it but find it a daunting task as there are many different types of writings, set in many different time periods, by many different authors.
If a person is new to reading the bible or is new to actually studying the bible I would definitely recommend this as a companion set to their study time as it would help them to understand what they are reading as well as how to interpret the different types of writing (such as poetry).
FYI: I did receive this series from the publisher in exchange for my HONEST review.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Bible Doctrines >> Scripture/Word of God
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Bible Doctrines >> Scripture/Word of God
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School >> Undated Curriculum >> Adults
- Sunday School >> Undated Curriculum >> Student & Teens
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Bible Doctrines >> Scripture/Word of God
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- eBooks >> Student & Teens >> Bible Studies & Curriculum