KJVer (Easy Reader) Large Print Sword Study Bible, Personal Size, Genuine Leather Black
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Week
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
The King James Version Easy Read (KJVER) Bible uses the original 1611 King James Version text (based on the Textus Receptus—Received Text). It updates the language for the modern reader making it easier to use and understand. Without changing the Word of God, it helps explain difficult words and replaces clearly archaic or obsolete words. Not one word of doctrine has been changed.
There are many other distinctive features of the KJVER Bible:
- Red Letter Old and New Testament
All of the words of God are highlighted in red in the Old Testament as well as the New Testament. Quotations of God's word by others are encircled in red.
- Difficult terms are underlined and explained at the end of the verse.
- Clearly archaic or obsolete words are replaced with their modern equivalent—without changing doctrine.
- Based on the Received Text
The Received Text is what the church fathers have used for over 400 years. The KJVER follows the King James text almost word for word, merely updating language. This is done without changing one word of doctrine or modifying the deity.
- Difficult terms are defined at the end of the verse.
- Pronoun Plurality Indicated
- Additional Features
- Names of God are listed at the end of each appropriate Old Testament verse as a continual source of inspiration and blessing.
- An original set of maps giving greater geographical insights.
- A special Topical Concordance of Biblical Words providing countless aids for locating desired subjects and verses.
Features enhancing your study of the Word include:
- Articles on the names and attributes of God
- Biblical terms and definitions
- Historical outlines
- An illistrated dictionary-concordance
- Detailed maps
- Word changes have been noted in a separate section entitled
- Special Margin Study Guide
All Sword Study Bibles have a unique, easy-to-use margin study guide with over 90 topics, allowing you to go from cover to cover, using the pure word of God as your study.
- Other study helps include
- A topical concordance
- Earthquake charts
- Flood information
- The chronology of the bible (by Dr. Floyd Jones)
- A reflection on Bible and science (by Dr. Henry Morris)
- A guide to the laws of the Bible
- Jewish calendar
- Survey of Daniel's 70 weeks
- Land and people of the Bible
- A timeline of the patriarchs, judges, and kings
- Presentation page
- Words of Jesus in red
- Gold page edges
- Ribbon marker
- 10-point text size
- 8.00" x 6.00" x 1.75"
|Format: Genuine Leather|
Number of Pages: 2110
Vendor: Whitaker House
Publication Date: 2015
Dimensions: 8.00 X 5.75 X 1.75 (inches)
|Text Color: Red Letter|
Text Size: 9 Point
Thumb Index: No
Ribbon Marker: Yes
Page Gilding: Gold
KJVer (Easy Reader) Large Print Sword Study Bible, Personal Size, Genuine Leather Black, Thumb IndexedWhitaker House / 2015 / Genuine Leather$44.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$59.99Save 25% ($15.00)
KJVer (Easy Reader) Large Print Sword Study Bible, Personal Size, Ultrasoft BlackWhitaker House / 2015 / Imitation Leather$26.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$34.99Save 23% ($8.00)
KJVer (Easy Reader) Large Print Sword Study Bible, Personal Size, Ultrasoft Black, Thumb IndexedWhitaker House / 2015 / Imitation Leather$34.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$44.99Save 22% ($10.00)
KJVer (Easy Reader) Large Print Sword Study Bible, Personal Size, Ultrasoft Black/GreyWhitaker House / 2015 / Imitation Leather$25.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$34.99Save 26% ($9.00)
Ed5 Stars Out Of 5Nice modernized KJV translation, good materialsOctober 30, 2016EdQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4I really like this bible. The translation is a very well done modernized KJV, and all the changed words are not only listed at the beginning, they are also all underlined which is a great idea.
I have the 2010 edition ("large print personal walnut alligator") not sure how much they have changed in the latest editions. The bible I have is 8.5 x 6.5 x 1.75 and it is bonded leather not imitation leather (even says "bonded leather" on the back and has a nice leather smell and feel to it). It looks like alligator hide (not sure how they accomplished that) and it looks and feels very nice. The font size is 10.
Here are a few complements that I feel are worth mentioning:
* The quality of the materials is very good.
* Good quality bonded leather.
* Sewn binding.
* Good quality white paper. There is some shadowing from the other side but in my opinion its not bad.
* Nice easy to read large font, the edges of the lettering is very crisp.
* The consistency of the print from page to page is very consistent. Some bibles are not consistent, some pages will have darker/bolder print compared to others, but I haven't noticed this at all in this bible.
* Direct quotes from God in the Old Testament are in red.
* There is a list at the beginning that explains every word that has been changed from the KJV.
* The overall look and feel of this bible is excellent. I really like the size, it feels great to hold in your hand. Its very easy to read while holding it with one hand.
I do have a few complaints that I feel are worth mentioning:
* The text in red uses a very bright orange-red color which I find difficult on the eyes. It would be much better it they used a darker red color, more like burgundy than orange-red. In my opinion all black is preferable to this orange-red color.
* If a word is underlined, its supposed to be a visual hint that the word has been changed from the KJV. However, if a word is in red and underlined, its underlined in black not red, so the underlining stands out too much and is distracting.
* The page numbers restart in the New Testament. Not sure why they did this, and I cannot think of any reason why this is a good idea. It basically makes their own margin study references impossible to have a topic go across both the Old and New Testaments. In my opinion having the page numbers restart is a horrible idea.
* The margin study guide is an interesting idea. There are topics on God, God's Plan, and Man, so there are abbreviations G, P and M, along with a number to indicate a particular sub-topic, and then the page number to go next to continue reading about that topic. As mentioned earlier, you cannot go from Old to New Testaments because the page numbers restart in the New Testament. So when you see a page number its never exactly clear if its referring to the Old or New Testament, so you have to assume its referring to the same testament that you are current in. This is very limiting.
* The margin study guide has 2 places, one paragraph each, that explain how to use it. The paragraph at the topic listing between the testaments mentions that there are margin study guides with a solid black line, or a dotted line, or a red line, but never explains what the differences are. I'm still not sure what the differences are.
* In the New Testament, quotes from God are outlined in red. This is an interesting idea, but I think it would look better if the words were red. In my opinion, little red boxes around some phrases looks very odd, specially when there are places where there are a few phrases from God separated by other words, so every few words has a red box around them (for example Acts 7:49-50 has a red box within a red box because the paragraph contains "says the Lord:" which God didn't actually say).
* Its called a study bible but there isn't very much extra content. It does have a large concordance and some content at the back for study and reference but it does not have commentary on every page like most traditional "study" bibles. If you're expecting commentary on every page then look for something else, this has none.
Overall the benefits of this translation and the quality outweigh the complains and I would recommend this bible to anyone looking for a modernized KJV with good quality materials and doesn't need/want study commentary.
Sam53Prairieville, LAAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5A superior Bible!August 3, 2016Sam53Prairieville, LAAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5This is my second purchase of this Bible because I love reading this Bible. I love the fact that it is written in large print. The original wording is the same except the words "Thee, Thou, Thy" has been translated in pronouns to be read with understanding without changing the scripture only making it easier to read. There are so many other articles of interest. I plan to purchase another Bible for a friend. I purchased a genuine leather this time because it was on sale. My last purchase was soft leather.
PMW5 Stars Out Of 5Great Bible!June 25, 2016PMWQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I just got it in pink/brown this morning.
I can read and understand it better
but the print is NOT LARGE as it said.
The bible is so beautiful and it is new KJV(er).
I'm in my 50's and can be able to read clearly without so much struggling
from the old archaic KJV.
Anyone who have the same struggling should get this!
It IS worthy it and you won't be sorry!
I was glad I did ordered it.
Sam53Prairieville, LAAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5An excellent Bible!December 23, 2015Sam53Prairieville, LAAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I love reading this Bible! It is so easy reading the original scriptures since the only changes made were thees and thys were changed to get a better understanding of Gods word. I am going to purchase another one for a friend. I read this Bible everyday just knowing that I am reading the original scriptures.
SKB5 Stars Out Of 5KJVer Bible Sword Study BibleOctober 23, 2015SKBQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 0I absolutely Love this Bible and all the study helps it has. Having the Words of God in Red in the Old Testament is Awesome! Reading the books of the Prophets is a new experience!! Get it you will not be sorry!!