- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2013
How would you explain your life to a stranger?
When strangers meet today, they often ask not, "What do you do?" but, "What is your story?" Everybody on the planet believes some larger story in order to make sense of the smaller story of his or her life. We want our lives to fit within a larger plota plot full of history, forward movement, and future.
So, the better question to ask is, "What sort of story are you in?"
Most people believe false stories that leave them disillusioned, enslaved, and hopeless. Secular stories of chasing success and religious stories of doing good works leave us feeling exhausted and empty. Only Christianity offers a story that's big enough to make sense of both the beauty and brokenness in our lives and in our world.
To write a book with two distinct audiences in mindChristian and non-Christianis no easy task, but Buzzard has done a fine job. Believers in particular will find helpful tips for using "the big story" to frame evangelistic conversations. Non-Christian readers should benefit from its generally solid overview of the major beats of the story of redemption. This is a good book that will hopefully be used to strengthen many and bring others to their knees in faith before Jesus.
Aaron Armstrong, review for The Gospel Coalition
Congregational Libraries Today, Volume XIVII, Number 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Discipleship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Evangelism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral