- All Products
- Black Friday
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2010
Gagnon offers the most thorough analysis to date of the biblical texts relating to homosexuality. He demonstrates why attempts to classify the Bibles rejection of same-sex intercourse as irrelevant for our contemporary context fail to do justice to the biblical texts and to current scientific data. Gagnons book powerfully challenges attempts to identify love and inclusivity with affirmation of homosexual practice.
. . . the most sophisticated and convincing examination of the biblical data for our time. Jürgen Becker, Professor of New Testament, Christian-Albrechts University
John KishbaughBerwick, PennsylvaniaAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Excellent analysis of clear biblical doctrine.March 1, 2012John KishbaughBerwick, PennsylvaniaAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5The author does a wonderful job explaining biblical doctrine on this sensitive subject.
Robert Wayne Wood5 Stars Out Of 5Well ResearchedNovember 23, 2010Robert Wayne WoodQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Well researched work on the homosexual agenda and what the Bible says and still means on the SIN of homosexuality. Lays out verse by verse Old and New Testament scripture against the homosexual agenda. Outlined like a true college professor showing the scriptures in their context and historical setting.
Ross A Taylor5 Stars Out Of 5March 28, 2008Ross A TaylorThis is the standard academic text on homosexual practice from a conservative point of view. It is very detailed. Summaries of his arguments can be found in two other books."Homosexuality and the Bible: Two Views" and " Christian Sexuality: Normative and Pastoral Principles".
Stephen Hess5 Stars Out Of 5March 13, 2008Stephen HessThis book is most certainly the definitive work on the bible and homosexual practice. No one in the church--from either side of the debate--can afford to ignore it. This book should be on every pastor's shelf. It is well written, well argued, and makes the convincing case for the traditional/biblical view. Gagnon also does an amazing job framing the issue and making the reader realize how much is at stake. Whether we like it or not, this is the issue of our day, and no one in the church can afford to be uninformed. I've read multiple books from both sides of the debate, and this one is without a doubt the most important work in print.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Sexual Ethics >> Homosexuality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Biblical Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Topics of Debate
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Sexual Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Topics of Debate
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Topics of Debate