Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Beyond the Mommy Years: How to Live Happily Ever After...After the Kids Leave Home - eBook|
By: Carin Rubenstein
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Grand Central Life & Style
|Publication Date: 2008|
Stock No: WW7705EB
Thirty million mothers between 40 and 60 years old are about to face childless households for the first time in decades. For some women, it is a lonely and confusing time; but for the vast majority, it's a journey of joy and discovery. Through intensive and wide-ranging original research, author Carin Rubenstein reveals how and why some mothers thrive and others do not. She breaks the post-motherhood launch down into three stages--grief, relief, and joy. If a woman makes it through to the final stage, friendships blossom, work thrives, and she develops a renewed sense of confidence and well-being. While in many instances, increased time together hastens the end of a struggling marriage, most women discover their relationships improve when children leave. Beyond the Mommy Years offers fascinating research, helpful advice, and amusing anecdotes to the millions facing this uncertain but potentially enriching stage of life.
"An encouraging counterarguement to the idea that an empty nest leads to an empty life." -- Library Journal
"Carin Rubenstein, PhD., nails it: Any woman worried about her post-car pool life should read this book." -- Sally Koslow, mother of two sons in their twenties, and author of Little Pink Slips
"Beyond the Mommy Years bridges the knowledge void felt by so many moms after their children leave for college...A thoughtful discussion of the positive changes that lie ahead for mothers after our children are launched. While parenting never ends, this book provides moms with the tools to live a rich and full life." -- Linda Perlman Gordon & Susan Morris Shaffer, co-authors of Mom, Can I Move Back in with You?
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Aging >> Midlife
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Family >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Motherhood
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Aging
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Aging
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.