- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Gilbert Bilezikian deliberately avoids using scholarly jargon and complex argumentation in the main text of the book to encourage readers to interact with the biblical research. The aim is for nonspecialized readers to be able to follow his discussion step-by-step, evaluate arguments, consider alternative views, and arrive at independent conclusions. This classic work on the egalitarian viewpoint will be a useful guide in undergraduate courses on gender and church life.
The third edition contains an updated bibliography and the text has been revised throughout.
Gilbert G. Bilezikian (Th.D., Boston University) is professor of biblical studies emeritus at Wheaton College. He is a charter member and elder at Willow Creek Community Church and the author of a number of books, including Community 101.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Academic
Publication Date: 2006
Lisa5 Stars Out Of 5Scholarly work that is approachableApril 13, 2017LisaQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Bilezikian has tackled a monumental task and done it well. He leaves no stone unturned and addresses every aspect of the topic from Scripture. How much of our understanding of Scripture is based on snippets and proof-texting? Look at all the passages and consider God's entire plan of redemption, consider God's entire Word.
While this book is, at times, tedious, the detail and thoroughness are much needed to definitively derail those who insist on snippets, proof-texts, and a partial examination of the Word of God.
This is a book every believer should read. Understand what you believe based on Scripture, not on tradition.
Linda Kuyper5 Stars Out Of 5March 4, 2008Linda KuyperI found this book to be very enlightening. It is excellent in its explanation and its clarity. A book I have been searching for a long time. Thanks Gilbert Bilezikian!
Sue Micetic5 Stars Out Of 5February 26, 2008Sue MiceticBilezikian presents a complete hermeneutical examination of Biblical gender issues from Creation on through the New Testament. His progression is clear and easy to follow. The book is an excellent resource for those examining gender issues and should be studied by those on both sides of the arguments.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Women's Studies >> Gender Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Women's Studies >> Gender Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Women's Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology