- Grade Level▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Paraclete Press
Publication Date: 2010
"In this warm and engaging book, Mark Galli makes a compelling case for the relevance of Christian liturgy in our postmodern, individualistic age. Through lucid examples and moving personal testimony, Galli explains the countercultural appeal of liturgical worship that spans the denominational spectrum." -Colleen Carroll Campbell, former White House speechwriter and author of The New Faithful: Why Young Adults Are Embracing Christian Orthodoxy
Are you attracted to liturgy but dont know why? Are you considering changing to liturgical tradition? Are you already immersed in liturgical worship but want to grasp its deeper significance? Beyond Smells and Bells addresses the lure and relevance of liturgy for your life today.
Thousands of Christians become interest in liturgy each year for the first time, as they turn to orthodoxy, tradition, and the lasting rituals of the Christian faith. In a culture that values spontaneity, liturgy grounds us in something enduring. In a culture that assumes truth is a product of the mind, liturgy helps us experience truth in mind, body, and spirit. In Mark Galli's able telling, liturgy is an intruguing story, full of mystery, that transforms us.
Rev. Owen Haring5 Stars Out Of 5February 25, 2010Rev. Owen HaringGreat Book. Easy to read. I will encourage all my worship leaders to read this book and get a deep appreciation of our worship.
Carrie Wulfsberg5 Stars Out Of 5March 6, 2009Carrie WulfsbergAs a convert to liturgical worship in the Eastern Orthodox Church I greatly appreciated Mr. Galli's moving and simple explainations of the various aspects of participation in the mass. I would highly reccommend this book to anyone prayerfully trying to grow in their understanding, appreciation, and faithful participation in the liturgy.
Carrie Wulfsberg5 Stars Out Of 5February 24, 2009Carrie WulfsbergOutstanding! As an Eastern Orthodox convert adjusting to liturgical worship I can say this book has greatly deepened my understanding and appreciation of the Mass. I also appreciate the conversational tone of the book because it makes the topic less overwhelming.
Yvonne Walsh5 Stars Out Of 5May 27, 2008Yvonne WalshGalli does a wonderful job of explaining the idea of "connectedness" with other Christians, past, present, and future through the liturgical model. He counters the current thinking that traditional worship is passe, and that in order to reach the current generation we must "contemporize" the service. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Beyond Smells and Bells and I will recommend it to my friends and prayer partners.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Pastoral >> Worship >> Collected Prayers
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Sacramental Theology
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship >> Collected Prayers
- eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- eBooks >> Theology >> Sacramental Theology