Beyond the First Visit: The Complete Guide to Connecting Guests to Your Church - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
Does your church exhibit the gift of hospitality? What are newcomers' first impressions---are they treated as guests by gracious hosts? McIntosh encourages you to look at your church through visitors' eyes. Learn how to assess your current practices and follow-up; discover new tools and techniques for attracting people; and create a welcoming attitude.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Books
Publication Date: 2006
All churches like to think that theirs is the friendliest in town. But do visitors see it that way? Church consultant Gary McIntosh invites readers to take a look at their church through the eyes of visitors and potential visitors. His starting point, grounded in an understanding of God as a "welcomer," is that churches should see those who enter their doors as not merely visitors, but as guests, and themselves as gracious hosts. This practical book offers sound advice on assessing and improving the ways in which churches attract people, welcome them, do follow-up, and bring them into the church family. It also offers suggestions for making a welcoming attitude part of the very fabric of the local church.
Gary L. McIntosh is professor of Christian Ministry and Leadership at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University. He is a former pastor with many years as a church consultant, is the author or coauthor of thirteen books on church leadership and growth, and the editor of Church Growth Network and Journal of the American Society of Church Growth. McIntosh lives in Temecula, California.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Bruce Cannon4 Stars Out Of 5May 21, 2009Bruce CannonI bought three books in this area. This one was good and I used some of the ideas. I used Fusion by Searcy more though.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Visitation Ministry
- Church & Supplies >> Church Leadership >> Outreach
- Church & Supplies >> Pastoral Ministry >> Visitation Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry