Besides the Bible: 100 Books that Have, Should, or Will Create Christian Culture - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: InterVarsity Press
Publication Date: 2012
So many books, so little time. How do you decide what to read? Walking into a bookstore, a library, or looking online can be an intimidating and overwhelming experience, to say the least. With so many options and not knowing what's best for you, it's easy to just end up making an impulse buy or giving up on reading altogether. We barely spend as much time reading as we'd like, and then we often end up completely frustrated by what we chose to read. Besides the Bible is a guide to the really great books that you should readones that matter. Covering a wide array of subjects and authors, from Christian bookstore best sellers to classics of Christian history and more, you'll find yourself agreeing with some titles, shaking your head at others, and even shocked by a few. This isn't a dry catalog with dull summaries of books authored by a bunch of dead guys. Dan Gibson, Jordan Green, and John Pattison, along with an all-star team of today's most interesting Christian thinkersincluding Donald Miller, Derek Webb, Phyllis Tickle, Steve Taylor, and William P. Young will re-ignite your love for reading or if you're a little lazy, give you enough information to make it seem like you're incredibly well read.
Dan Gibson is a writer, editor, and researcher living in Tucson, Arizona. He is married, has two children, and manages an amateur soccer club, Sparklemotion. Jordan Green is from Portland, Oregon. He is the Editor-in-Chief of BurnsideWriters.com. He has also worked as a courier, barista, and as a US Army Conterintelligence Agent. He currently lives in Phoenix, Arizona with his wife and daughter. John Pattison is an author, community advocate, grant writer and nonprofit consultant who leads The Resourceful Community, a blog that connects community leaders to the resources of community flourishing. He is the coauthor of and . Formerly the managing editor of and deputy editor of the Burnside Writers Collective, Pattison's essays, articles and reviews have appeared in , and the . He is also a voting member of the National Book Critics Circle. He lives with his wife Kate and their two daughters in Oregon's Mid-Willamette Valley.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Christian Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Literature & Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture >> Literature
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Christian Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Literature & Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Literature & Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality