Add To Cart
But after the Civil War breaks out, his master leaves town and Ben finds himself in a slave prison. One night, the prisoners bribe a guard to get their hands on a newspaper, and to the applause of his fellow slaves, Ben reads aloud the momentous news of Mr. Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation - surely one of the most remarkable readings of that document ever.
Based on the true story of Benjamin Holmes, Pat Sherman's stirring text and the memorable illustrations of Coretta Scott King medalist Floyd Cooper pay tribute to the power of freedom - and to the power of the written word.
|Title: Ben and the Emancipation Proclamation|
By: Pat Sherman
Number of Pages: 32
Vendor: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 11.00 X 8.50 (inches)|
Weight: 14 ounces
Stock No: WW853196
Courage to Run: A Story Based on the Life of Harriet TubmanWendy LawtonMoody Publishers / 2002 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$7.99Save 25% ($2.00)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Educational
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Subjects >> American History
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Educational