Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Moon Belize Cayes: Including Ambergris Caye & Caye Caulker - eBook|
By: Lebawit Lily Girma
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Moon Travel
Publication Date: 2017
Series: Moon Handbooks
Stock No: WW92053EB
Turquoise waters, mangrove forests, and white sands: the Belize Cayes are a deserted island fantasy come true. Dive in with Moon Belize Cayes.
- Flexible, strategic itineraries for every timeline and budget, ranging from a weeklong best of the cayes to how to find the best snorkeling, diving, and beaches
- Curated advice for outdoor adventurers, honeymooners, beach bums, foodies, and more
- Must-see attractions and off-beat ideas for making the most of your trip: Relax on white sands with a rum punch or a bottle of Belize's favorite dark beer. Snorkel the second largest (and most pristine) coral reef in the world. Swim alongside sea turtles, sharks, manta rays, and manatees in the wild. Kayak through mangrove forests, sail through calm Caribbean waters, or dance the night away to reggae or Garifuna drums. Sample Belize's melting-pot cuisine, from fresh, sustainable seafood (conch fritters are not to be missed!) to fry jacks, salbutes, and some of the best fried chicken on the planet.
- Expert advice on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from Belize transplant Lebawit Lily Girma
- Full-color photos and detailed maps for navigating the cayes on your own, plus handy phrases in Kriol, Garifuna, and Q'eqchi' Mayan
- Detailed background information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and culture, plus an underwater guide to spotting your favorite birds and marine wildlife
- Travel tips on health and safety, sustainable travel, traveling solo as a woman, and getting around with children or as a senior
- Full Coverage of San Pedro and Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, the Northern Atolls, Dangriga, Hopkins, the Cockscomb Basin, the Placencia Peninsula, Punta Gorda, and Mayan Upcountry, as well as a stopover in Belize City
Exploring the mainland too? Pick up Moon Belize. Looking to expand your trip? Try Moon Yucatán Peninsula, Moon Guatemala, or Moon Jamaica.
After practicing law in the U.S., Lily took a leap of faith to pursue her passions: travel, writing, and photography. After a three-week visit to Belize in 2010, she was determined to return. A year later, Lily was commissioned as an in-house writer and photographer for the Belize Tourism Board for three months. She explored Belize extensively, sharing her adventures through a collection of online articles, blogs, and photo essays. Belize's diverse cultures and people struck a chord and she returned to Belize for long-term stays while researching freelance articles on the country.
In addition to this title, Lily is the author of Moon Belize and Moon Dominican Republic, and her writing and photography have been published by CNN Travel, BBC Travel, Delta Sky, Sunday Times Travel Magazine, MorningCalm, Every Day With Rachael Ray, The Travel Channel, and AFAR, among others. She was also a major contributing writer and senior editor for the 2016-2017 edition of Destination Belize Magazine, Belize's main tourism publication.
In 2016, Lily was awarded the Marcia Vickery-Wallace Memorial Award for Excellence in Travel Journalism from the Caribbean Tourism Organization.
When she's not visiting family in the U.S., Lily is based in the Dominican Republic, and travels to Belize every year.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.