Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
With panoramic sweep and intimate narrative detail, award-winning religion journalist and onetime fundamentalist Jeffery L. Sheler takes readers to the places where today's evangelicals live, work, and worship, to meet them firsthand and discover how their unique brand of Christian faith shapes their lives. Through poignant personal stories presented in a riveting style, Believers paints an in-depth portrait of a people who believe in the power of the gospel to transform lives, and the pursuit of a vision for a just and righteous America.
|Title: Believers: A Journey into Evangelical America - eBook|
By: Jeffery L. Sheler
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Penguin Books
|Publication Date: 2007|
Stock No: WW48056EB
In Believers, award-winning religion journalist Jeffery L. Sheler offers a unique and intimate look at the evangelical Christian subculturea faith tradition that some sixty million Americans call their own. With panoramic sweep and compelling narrative detail, Sheler, who grew up as an evangelical, breaks through the stereotypes to examine not just the big-time ministers but also the ordinary people who make up this dynamic movement. Traveling across the nation, Sheler visits todays evangelicals at work, at home, and at worship to discover how their faith shapes their lives and how they are influencing the public debate in this country.
At a time when the religious right is more influential than ever, Believers is a timely and eye-opening exploration of the motives, aspirations, and agendas of American evangelicals.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Fundamentalism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Religion >> Christianity
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Religion >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Fundamentalism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Religion
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Religion
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.