- All Products
- Pre-Black Friday
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2017
Warning: If modern church culture makes perfect sense to you, and you always fit in seamlessly, dont read this. As for the rest of us…
While American church culture (and American culture at large) seems largely designed for the extroverted, its estimated that half of the American population is introverted, and theyre often left wondering how, even if, they fit in the kingdom of God. As one of them, popular radio host Brant Hansen brings news. Its wonderful, refreshing, and never-been-said-this-way-before good news.
In his unique style, Hansen looks to answer questions that millions of people carry with them each day:
- If I dont relate to God as emotionally as others do, is something wrong with me?
- How does one approach God, and approach faith, when devoid of the "good feelings" that seem to drive so much of evangelical church culture?
- How does God interact with those who seem spiritually numb?
- Is the absence of faith-based emotion a sign of that God has moved on or was never there?
- What if we arent good at talking to people about our faith, or good at talking to people at all?
- What if Im told Im too analytical, that I "think too much"?
- Where does a person who suffers from depression fit in the kingdom? Is depression a sure sign of a lack of faith?
This book is good news for people who are desperately looking for it. (And for their loved ones!)
Its also for those who want to believe in Jesus, but inwardly fear that they dont belong, worry that dont have the requisite emotion-based relationship with God, and are starving for good news.
Blessed Are the Misfits is going to generate discussion, and lots of it. Its simultaneously highly provocative and humbly personal. Its also leavened with a distinct, dry, self-effacing humor that is a hallmark of Hansens on-air, writing, and public speaking style.
Brant Hansen is a radio host who has won multiple National Personality of the Year awards. He also works with CURE International, a worldwide network of hospitals that brings life-changing medical care and the good news of Gods love to children with treatable conditions. Brant currently lives in Northern California with his wife, Carolyn; his son, Justice; and his daughter, Julia. He can be found at branthansen.com and @branthansen on Twitter.