- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
I (Still) Believe explores the all-important question of whether serious academic study of the Bible is threatening to ones faith. Far from itfaith enhances study of the Bible and, reciprocally, such study enriches a persons faith. With this in mind, this book asks prominent Bible teachers and scholars to tell their story reflecting on their own experiences at the intersection of faith and serious academic study of the Bible.
While the essays of this book will provide some apology for academic study of the Bible as an important discipline, the essays engage with this question in ways that are uncontrived. They present real stories, with all the complexities and struggles they may hold. To this end, the contributors do two things: (a) reflect on their lives as someone who teaches and researches the Bible, providing something of a story outlining their journey of life and faith, and their self-understanding as a biblical theologian; and (b) provide focused reflections on how faith has made a difference, how it has changed, and what challenges have arisen, remained, and are unresolved, all with a view toward the future and engaging the books main question.
engaging the books main question.
John Byron (PhD, University of Durham) is Professor of New Testament and Greek at Ashland Seminary in Ashland, Ohio. He is author of Cain and Abel in Text and Tradition, Recent Research on Paul and Slavery, and Slavery Metaphors in Early Judaism. He has contributed to numerous journals and edited volumes.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Education
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Studying the Bible
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Education
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Education
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship