- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Discovery House
Publication Date: 2010
Wendy Wallace practiced clinical social work for over thirty years, maintaining a private practice in which she counseled persons from age eight to eighty. She has taught college for many years and has authored three college textbooks. She has been coping with both acute and chronic illness for twenty years.
Rhonda Nash-hallMadison Heights VAAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5wonderful counsel for those with chronic illnessSeptember 17, 2012Rhonda Nash-hallMadison Heights VAAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5My thoughts after reading Doing Well at Being Sick:
Wendy Wallace is truly an inspiration to readers. Having chronic illness myself and being forced to quit teaching at age 49 and go on disability was very discouraging. I actually am dealing with grief at the things my illnesses have "cost me" or caused me to give up. Wendy knows what I'm feeling and she discusses feeling the same things in her book as she deals with her own private health issues. She gives wonderful counsel on how to use your energy wisely, plan for bad days, be productive on good days, navigate the medical system, communicate effectively with medical professionals, accept help from friends and family, save our energy, and more. This book made me feel some hope and it made me feel like I'm not alone in this. She also addresses how to pray and rely on scripture to get through each day as well as how to incorporate fun and relaxation into each and every day. I highly recommend this book to others who are dealing with chronic illness for themselves or family members they care for.
IreneUnited States5 Stars Out Of 5Great book for anyone suffering from an illnessApril 4, 2012IreneUnited StatesQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Wendy Wallace knows what she is writing about! Using her very personal experiences of dealing with health issues over many years, she writes very practical advice for anyone that is dealing with an illness or knows someone who is. You will take away many lessons from this very realistic book. From what to expect at the doctors'office to what to say to those going through an illness, this book is filled with valuable advice.
The best advice the author offers is to draw closer to Christ while dealing with your illness. For those who have a family member it is important to lean on the Lord and remind your loved one that the Lord is their best friend, especially during these hard times.
I enjoyed this book and gave it 5/5 stars because it is has very practical advice and is written in an open and loving style.
I would like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.
retrac7591Lawrenceville,IlAge: 45-54Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5worth the investmentOctober 19, 2011retrac7591Lawrenceville,IlAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4I believe that you get your money's worth here and is time well spent in reading this book.
KrisCanyon Lake, TXAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Tremendous HelpMay 23, 2011KrisCanyon Lake, TXAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book has helped me tremendously. She covers every aspect of living with chronic illness. I am just finishing it and have already given two to others living with chronic illness.
Dominic Aquilino5 Stars Out Of 5September 28, 2010Dominic AquilinoThis book is fantastic! So many books seek to provide us with perspective in our suffering. This book, instead of looming over as an advisor walks with us as a friend. The author in sharing her pain seems to also keenly feel ours and leads us beyond the temporal into the scope of the eternal. As a pastor, i can truthfully say that this book will be one that I give to many in the church who are facing illness. Wendy Wallace has done better at being sick than many of us could ever have done being well. Get this book.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Illness
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> True Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational