- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2004
The truthful Man . . . falsely accused. The innocent Man . . . illegally tried and wrongly convicted. The gentle Man . . . who suffered punishment few could imagine, much less endure. The murdered Man . . . who forgave His own merciless killers. The divine Man . . . who died as a common criminal. The willing Man . . . who gave His life for others. The ordinary Man . . . who was, in fact, the extraordinary Son of God.
The pathway Jesus took to the cross of Calvary is commonly called "the Passion." This sorrowful path weaved through soul-wrenching prayers and illicit deals made in shadowy darkness. It descended into corrupted courts bereft of justice and circled by prejudiced rulers stripped of power. On this pathway of His passion, Jesus paused for a torturous scourging and plodded on doggedly to a horrific death on a hillside called the Skull. But why?
In this incredible, historically accurate account, you will come face to face with Jesus-the Man of Sorrows. If you're honest, you'll find the amazing answer to why . . . and you'll change. When you stop long enough to look, to think, to imagine, and to truly Behold the Man, you'll never be the same again.
Chuck Swindoll leads us through a detailed examination of the events surrounding Jesus as he follows the winding pathway of his passion to the cross. This story-based investigation of the last week of Jesus's life-from the Last Supper to his death-focuses on "Why?" And in his Epilogue to this powerful, insightful book, Swindoll clearly explains to the unchurched and non-Christian reader why Jesus was willing to walk this sacrificial path to die-he did it for them.
Releasing simultaneously with Mel Gibson's stirring movie The Passion of The Christ, Swindoll's book provides Christians an excellent evangelistic follow-up tool to give to their unchurched or non-Christian friends and families who see the film. As Chuck said after a private viewing of the movie, "You'll never be the same again." And Behold . . . the Man will help ensure that fact.
Charles R. Swindoll has devoted his life to the clear, practical teaching and application of God's Word. He currently pastors Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, Texas, and serves as the chancellor of Dallas Theological Seminary. His renowned Insight for Living radio program airs around the world. Chuck and Cynthia, his partner in life and ministry, have four grown children and ten grandchildren.
C S Stanley5 Stars Out Of 5March 16, 2009C S StanleyThis book gave great insight into what our Savior, Jesus, went through to save us from our sins. Charles Swindoll is a great writer and I have not found a book of his that didn't offer encouragement for our walk in this life on earth.
Cathy Kuhaneck5 Stars Out Of 5October 31, 2008Cathy KuhaneckSwindoll is so good at describing things. I love the way he words things. It really gives you a different perspective on the subject. I have read other books by Swindoll and they are all excellent. I would recommend this book and any of his to anyone.
George Hopper5 Stars Out Of 5October 2, 2008George HopperDr. Swindoll always makes it very clear what he is trying to say! This book gave me greater appreciation for all our LORD did for us on that horrible, yet necessary day. Get the book- you will be glad you did.
Chris Kage5 Stars Out Of 5April 3, 2008Chris KageWonderful & concise! Read it in two evenings during Passion Week and was so blessed! Highly recommended!
Carol Mascarelliwinchester, vaAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5February 11, 2008Carol Mascarelliwinchester, vaAge: Over 65Gender: femaleI am very impressed with this book. A great deal of the covering of the suffering that Christ went through has been thoroughly explained and ex[pressed in our church. Yet, I was very impressed with the appeal to new believers and/converts at the end of the book. I am hoping to share this book with unsaved loved ones!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Discipleship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> For Seekers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Evangelism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Discipleship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> For Seekers
- Church & Supplies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral