Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
Living in a fallen world, no one escapes the sting of emotional injuries. These scars are often bandaged quickly - only to manifest themselves later in life as painful jabs that cut into your spouse and children. How can you stop this cycle?
Licensed counselors since 1980, Drs. Tom and Beverly Rodgers have seen countless families be truly healed even after decades of hurting each other. The Rodgers' practical healing process, based on authoritative research, will dispel your fears of a broken family and allow God to heal past wounds.
This step-by-step model goes beyond discovering negative patterns of behavior - you'll learn to solve the problems that plague your family's psychological, interpersonal and spiritual lives. Though this process may require some pain, Becoming a Family That Heals is worth the effort. A Focus on th e Family Recommendation.
Number of Pages: 176
Vendor: Focus on the Family
|Publication Date: 2009|
God's Healing for Hurting Families: Biblical Principles for Reconciliation and RecoveryDavid L. Thompson, Gina EickhoffWesleyan Publishing House / 2004 / Trade Paperback$3.49 Retail:
$3.99Save 13% ($0.50)
The Wounded Heart: Hope for Adult Victims of Childhood Sexual AbuseDan B. Allender Ph.D.NavPress / 2008 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 23 Reviews
$16.99Save 35% ($6.00)
- Healing Homework: specific exercises to make changes in your family
- See how these concepts work with "the Smiths" - a family of four who illustrate every chapter
- Glossary of counseling and psychology terms
- Gain a new perspective on why you react the way you do, through insights into brain chemistry
Lize5 Stars Out Of 5May 31, 2011LizeQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Excellent book a must read for every family!!!!!!!!
Jcole4 Stars Out Of 5A great tool or resource for any homeApril 30, 2011JcoleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4This book is a wonderful tool to have in a family bookcase. I found the approach that Drs Beverly and Tom Rodgers took to be very useful. They offer practical solutions to typical family issues. They use stories from experience and counseling to coach the reader along in seeing and identifying struggles in their own families.
I believe that by going through this book, the reader is able to understand why they approach life in the manner they do. It helps us to see how we have learned to cope with certain things in our past and to see how that may be guiding choices today.
I especially appreciated that the authors clearly identify that some family issues are more than simple family issues, but can be rooted in spiritual attacks. The Rodgers address that the family unit is under attack and that we need to be aware of that when we try to work through issues.
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to resolve past issues, work through current ones, or who simply wants to understand more about human behavior.
(To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, Tyndale House Publishers has promevided with a complimentary copy of this book)
Guy Boyll5 Stars Out Of 5October 6, 2009Guy BoyllI found this book concise, insightful, supportive with scripture backup and in general very helpful.
Barbara Lee5 Stars Out Of 5October 5, 2009Barbara LeeThis book has logical, practical answers to some of the problems of growing up that can totally devastate a marriage. These are the problems we keep under cover wanting no one to know. But dealt with ahead of time, we can amazingly rise above them! Thank you so much for writing this book.
Earl Baumann5 Stars Out Of 5September 28, 2009Earl BaumannI found this to be a rather "hard" read. While it does go into subjects quite well, I found myself often pausing to reflect how it applies to my life and marriage. The book really opened my eyes to what some of the issues my wife has been going through and where they came from, almost like a "third party" oversight. The descriptions are very well done and often times enlightening with several times influences that I was not aware of before being put right in front of me. I highly recommend this book and though it was well worth the read and very helpful.
Q: Single? Is this book appropriate for a single person with no children?
This book is intended for those who are married. It deals with issues that are specific to married relationships.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Conflict in Marriage
- Books >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Emotional Healing
- Books >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- Books >> Family >> Parenting >> Emotional Healing
- Books >> Family >> Parenting >> Families
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Marriage
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology >> Self-Improvement
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Family >> Home Life
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Family >> Marriage
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Family >> Home Life
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Family >> Marriage
- Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Conflict in Marriage
- Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Emotional Healing
- Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- Family >> Parenting >> Emotional Healing
- Family >> Parenting >> Families