Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Why did God become human? Anselm asked this question and it is doubtless that innumerable believers pondered similar questions. Graham Cole stimulating study The God Who Became Human begins by examining God's purpose in human creation and why the creature was made as temple for the divine image. He then traces the unfolding of this theme as it leads to salvation in Israel's history.
Theophanic language takes center stage throughout the study-as Scripture presents God as a person with human-like capabilities of speech, feeling, and at times seemingly embodied. He then explores Israel's messianic hope, and then the testimony of the New Testament and its relationship to the Old Testament testimony. Cole then answers Anselm's question, finding numerous answers in the New Testament.
|Title: The God Who Became Human: A Biblical Theology of Incarnation - eBook|
By: Graham Cole
Format: DRM Free ePub
Vendor: IVP Academic
|Publication Date: 2018|
Series: New Studies in Biblical Theology
Stock No: WW85670EB
- Preaching's Preacher's Guide to the Best Bible Reference for 2014 (Theology)
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> New Testament Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> New Testament Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Biblical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.