- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2016
"Im so fat." "I dont like my nose." "I wish I was taller." Our dissatisfaction with what we see in the mirror is what Barb Roose calls our ugly struggle with beauty. Its a struggle that negatively affects not only our self-image and self-esteem but also our relationships with God and others. What is the answer? We desperately need to regain God's perspective on beauty.
During this six-week Bible study, women will unpack the beliefs or experiences that are holding them hostage. Together they will explore God's truth about beauty throughout the Scriptures, digging into passages in both the Old and New Testaments and applying the truths in their lives. They will move away from over-focusing on unrealistic expectations and perceived flaws toward Gods viewpoint of their hearts, minds, bodies and souls. As women make this journey, they will:
- Be set free from the trap of comparison and self-ridicule
- Become comfortable in their own skin
- Reach beyond themselves to encourage and support other women
By learning to see the goodness, blessing, and purpose for their bodies no matter their size, shape, or style, women will overcome discontent and comparison and learn to live fully as the beautifully unique creations God designed them to be.
The Leader Guide contains six session plan outlines, complete with discussion points and questions, activities, prayers, and moreplus leader helps for facilitating a group.Other available components, each available separately, include a Participant Workbook with five days of lessons per week, DVD with six 19-28 minute sessions (with closed captioning), and boxed Leader Kit containing one of each component.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Leader's Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Priorities
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Church & Supplies >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry