Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: The Beat Goes On: Your Heart and Arteries - eBook|
By: William F. Roizen M.D., Mehmet C. Oz M.D.
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: HarperCollins e-books
|Publication Date: 2009|
Stock No: WW72283EB
The #1 bestseller that gives YOU complete control over your body and your health.
In this updated and expanded edition, America's favorite doctors, Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz, discuss how YOU actually have control over your genes. Discover how diseases start and how they affect your body—as well as advice on how to prevent and beat conditions that threaten your quality of life.
YOU: The Owner's Manual challenges preconceived notions about how the human body works and ages, and takes you on a fascinating grand tour of all your blood-pumping, food-digesting, and numbers-remembering systems and organs—including the heart, brain, lungs, immune system, bones, and sensory organs.
There are also 100 questions asked by you, and answered by the experts. For instance, do you know which of the following statements are true?
- As you increase the amount you exercise, the rewards you gain from it increase as well.
- If you're not a smoker, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to your lungs.
- Your immune system always knows the difference between your own cells and enemy invaders.
- The biggest threat to your arteries is cholesterol.
- Memory loss is a natural, inevitable part of aging.
- Stress is the greatest ager, and controlling it changes which of your genes is on.
Did you answer "true" for any of the above? Then take a look inside. Complete with exercise tips, nutritional guidelines, simple lifestyle changes, and alternative approaches, YOU: The Owner's Manual debunks myths and gives you an easy, comprehensive, and life-changing How-To plan—as well as great-tasting and calorie-saving recipes—that can help you live a healthier, younger, and better life.
Be the best expert on your body!
Mehmet C. Oz, M.D., is the multiple Emmy Award-winning host of The Dr. Oz Show. He is a professor and vice-chairman of surgery at Columbia University, the medical director of the Integrated Medicine Center, and director of the Heart Institute at New York Presbyterian/Columbia Medical Center.
Michael F. Roizen, M.D., is the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller RealAge: Are You as Young as You Can Be? He is the chief wellness officer of the Cleveland Clinic and chairman of the Wellness Institute.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns >> Prevention
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues >> Personal Life >> Health
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Health
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Men's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.