Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar, Second Edition
Featuring five fully rewritten chapters, this standard college and seminary textbook offers a complete course for learning the elements of Old Testament Hebrew. Blending deductive and inductive learning, it emphasizes the structural pattern of the language, minimizing rote memorization. This revised edition also includes larger font and margins, a Hebrew lexicon, and a subject index.
Features of Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar, Second Edition text:
- Combines the best of inductive and deductive approaches
- Uses actual examples from the Hebrew Old Testament rather than "made-up" illustrations
- Emphasizes the structural pattern of the Hebrew language rather than rote memorization, resulting in a simple, enjoyable, and effective learning process
- Colored text highlights particles added to nouns and verbs, allowing easy recognition of new forms
- Chapters Two (Hebrew Vowels), Nine (Pronominal Suffixes), Seventeen (Waw Consecutive), Eighteen (Imperative, Cohortative, and Jussive), and Twenty-Three (Issues of Sentence Syntax) are revised and expanded
- Section of appendices and study aids is clearly marked for fast reference
- Larger font and text size make reading easier
- Updated author website with additional Hebrew language resources and product information (www.basicsofbiblicalhebrew.com)
|Title: Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar, Second Edition|
By: Gary D. Pratico, Miles V. Van Pelt
Number of Pages: 475
Publication Date: 2014
|Dimensions: 11.19 X 8.56 (inches)|
Weight: 2 pounds 12 ounces
Stock No: WW520672
Gary D. Pratico, Miles V. Van PeltZondervan / 2005 / OtherOur Price$7.494.5 out of 5 stars for Zondervan Get an A! Study Guide, Biblical Hebrew, Laminated Sheets. View reviews of this product. 14 Reviews
Retail Price$11.99Save 38% ($4.50)
Miles V. Van PeltZondervan / 2010 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$9.993 out of 5 stars for English Grammar to Ace Biblical Hebrew. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews
Retail Price$14.99Save 33% ($5.00)
William L. HolladayWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 1971 / HardcoverOur Price$28.995 out of 5 stars for A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament. View reviews of this product. 3 Reviews
Retail Price$40.00Save 28% ($11.01)
Miles Van Pelt, Gary D. PraticoZondervan / 2006 / Other, N/AOur Price$21.995 out of 5 stars for Charts of Biblical Hebrew: Includes CD-ROM with Over 450 Charts. View reviews of this product. 3 Reviews
Retail Price$29.99Save 27% ($8.00)
Gary D. Pratico (ThD, Harvard Divinity School) is senior professor of Old Testament and Hebrew language at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He has been teaching Hebrew for more than thirty years and is coauthor with Miles V. Van Pelt of Basics of Basics of Biblical Hebrew (grammar and workbook) and The Vocabulary Guide to Biblical Hebrew.
Miles Van Pelt (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the Alan Belcher Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi, where he also serves as academic dean. Miles lives in Madison, Mississippi, with his wife, Laurie, and their four children.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.