Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Featuring five fully rewritten chapters, this standard college and seminary textbook offers a complete course for learning the elements of Old Testament Hebrew. Blending deductive and inductive learning, it emphasizes the structural pattern of the language, minimizing rote memorization. This revised edition also includes larger font and margins, a Hebrew lexicon, and a subject index.
Features of Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar, Second Edition text:
- Combines the best of inductive and deductive approaches
- Uses actual examples from the Hebrew Old Testament rather than "made-up" illustrations
- Emphasizes the structural pattern of the Hebrew language rather than rote memorization, resulting in a simple, enjoyable, and effective learning process
- Colored text highlights particles added to nouns and verbs, allowing easy recognition of new forms
- Chapters Two (Hebrew Vowels), Nine (Pronominal Suffixes), Seventeen (Waw Consecutive), Eighteen (Imperative, Cohortative, and Jussive), and Twenty-Three (Issues of Sentence Syntax) are revised and expanded
- Section of appendices and study aids is clearly marked for fast reference
- Larger font and text size make reading easier
- Updated author website with additional Hebrew language resources and product information (www.basicsofbiblicalhebrew.com)
Number of Pages: 475
Publication Date: 2014
|Dimensions: 11.19 X 8.56 (inches)|
Basics of Biblical Hebrew Video Lectures: A Complete Course for the BeginnerMiles V. Van PeltZondervan / 2012 / DVD$64.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$99.99Save 35% ($35.00)
Zondervan Get an A! Study Guide, Biblical Hebrew, Laminated SheetsGary D. Pratico, Miles V. Van PeltZondervan / 2005 / Other$6.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 12 Reviews
$11.99Save 42% ($5.00)
A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old TestamentWilliam L. HolladayWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 1971 / Hardcover$26.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$40.00Save 33% ($13.01)
Gary D. Pratico (ThD, Harvard Divinity School) is senior professor of Old Testament and Hebrew language at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He has been teaching Hebrew for more than thirty years and is coauthor with Miles V. Van Pelt of Basics of Basics of Biblical Hebrew (grammar and workbook) and The Vocabulary Guide to Biblical Hebrew.
Miles Van Pelt (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the Alan Belcher Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi, where he also serves as Academic Dean. Miles lives in Madison, Mississippi, with his wife, Laurie, and their four children.
Karen5 Stars Out Of 5Clear and Concise TextOctober 19, 2017KarenQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I ordered this text, the workbook, and the videos to supplement my materials for a graduate level Biblical Hebrew course. The text is clear, concise, and an easy read for any level student. Consistency between the book, workbook, and videos help in commitment of material to memory. Highly recommend this resource for anyone studying Hebrew grammar.
Tania5 Stars Out Of 5Basics of Biblical Hebrew GrammarOctober 2, 2016TaniaQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I bought this book for my husband, who is studying Hebrew. He's only had it for a month, but is finding it very helpful.