Barron's new Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam is designed to help nurse practitioners achieve certification in their given specialty. Softcover, 450 pages.
This guide provides the tools you need to demonstrate proficiency, including:
- Two full-length practice tests in the book (one ANCC-style and one AANPCB-style) with detailed answers and explanations for every question
- Two additional full-length practice tests online (one ANCC-style and one AANPCB-style), that allow users to practice working through all of the computer-based question types, and detailed answers and explanations for every question
- An overview of both the ANCC and the AANPCB and their respective versions of the FNP exam, including information about the exam format, scoring, question types, knowledge domains tested, and certification renewal requirements
- Comprehensive review of all of the major topics on both versions' exam blueprints, including system reviews, reproductive reviews, mental health reviews, and much more
- Every chapter covers the most frequently tested topics for each concept, includes "clinical pearls" of wisdom to remember for test day, and provides a series of practice questions and detailed answer explanations that reflect the topics reviewed in that chapter
- Test-taking tips, strategies, and study plans for both versions of the exam
|Title: Barron's Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam with Online Tests|
By: Angela Caires
Number of Pages: 450
Vendor: Kaplan Publishing
Publication Date: 2020
|Dimensions: 10.88 X 8.38 (inches)|
Weight: 2 pounds
Stock No: WW011566
Barrons Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam includes in-depth content review and online practice. Its the only book youll need to be prepared for exam day.
Written by Experienced Educators and Family Nurse Practitioners
- Learn from Barrons--all content is written and reviewed by practicing Family Nurse Practitioners who have vast experience teaching FNP courses at the graduate level
- Build your understanding with comprehensive review tailored to the most recent exam blueprints--both American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB)
- Get a leg up with tips, strategies, and study advice for exam day--its like having a trusted tutor by your side
Be Confident on Exam Day
- Sharpen your test-taking skills with 4 full-length practice tests--2 in the book (one ANCC-style and one AANPCB-style) and 2 more online (one ANCC-style and one AANPCB-style)
- Strengthen your knowledge with in-depth review covering all topics on both exam blueprints, including major disorders of each body system, mens and womens health issues, mental health disorders, caring for pediatric and geriatric patients, and much more
- Expand your mind further with an additional chapter that focuses on ANCC-only content
- Reinforce your learning with practice questions at the end of each chapter
Interactive Online Practice
- Continue your practice with 2 full-length practice tests (one ANCC-style and one AANPCB-style) on Barrons Online Learning Hub
- Simulate the exam experience with a timed test option
- Deepen your understanding with detailed answer explanations and expert advice
- Gain confidence with automated scoring to check your learning progress
Angela Caires, DNP, CRNP (Huntsville, Alabama) has been a Family Nurse Practitioner for more than 15 years, and she is also a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (where she has taught numerous FNP-related courses). She has been honored with several awards (including the 2015 State Award for NPAA Outstanding Nurse Practitioner), and she has been published in the Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care and the Journal of Creative Nursing.
Yeow Chye Ng, Ph.D., CRNP, AAHIVE, CPC, FAANP (Huntsville, Alabama) has been a Family Nurse Practitioner for more than 10 years, and he is also an Associate Professor at The University of Alabama in Huntsville and an Associate Professor at The University of Alabama Capstone College of Nursing. He has given several presentations at renowned nursing conferences (including the Sigma Theta Tau Internationals 29th, 30th, and 31st International Nursing Research Congress), received several professional accolades (such as the 2019 Fellow in the American Association of Nurse Practitioners), and was published in the Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, the International Nursing Review, and The Journal of Urgent Care Medicine.
About the Publisher
In the 1930s, Manuel H. Barron opened a bookstore in Brooklyn, New York.
People from the community asked Mr. Barron about books that might be available to help their children study for the New York State Regents exams. After realizing there wasn't anything available, Mr. Barron created his own study guides.
80 years later, Barron's has helped millions of people prepare for their next step.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.