Add To Cart
|Title: Ball Park: The Story of America's Baseball Fields|
By: Lynn Curlee
Number of Pages: 48
Publication Date: 2008
|Dimensions: 11.00 X 11.00 (inches)|
Weight: 9 ounces
Stock No: WW953609
Besides passionate fans, there's one other thing all ballparks -- from the Union Grounds in Brooklyn built in 1862 to the Baltimore Oriole's Camden Yards built in 1992 -- have in common: Each has its own vibrant and unique history.
In Ballpark, Sibert Honor Award winner Lynn Curlee explores both the histories and the cultural significances of America's most famous ballparks. Grand in scope and illustrations, and filled with nifty anecdotes about these "green cathedrals," Ballpark also explores the changing social climate that accompanied baseball's rise from a minor sport to the national pastime. This is a baseball book like no other.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Non-Fiction Books
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Sports >> Baseball
- Homeschool >> Electives >> Sports
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Non-Fiction Books
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Non-Fiction Books
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Sports >> Baseball
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.