Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: The Baker Compact Dictionary of Theological Terms - eBook|
By: Gregg R. Allison
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Baker Books
|Publication Date: 2016|
Stock No: WW81357EB
Christianity is a faith built upon the Word and understood through words, both written and spoken, handed down for centuries. But many of the terms used in both the Scriptures and theological writings are unfamiliar or misunderstood. For the Christian desiring a more clear and robust understanding of these terms, this book offers concise definitions of six hundred of the most significant words at the heart of the Christian faith, including terms related to:
· doctrine (e.g., the atonement, the church)
· biblical concepts (e.g., Messiah, Son of Man)
· church practices (e.g., anointing of the sick, immersion)
· philosophical concepts (e.g., a priori, compatibilism)
· people (e.g., Thomas Aquinas, John Wesley)
· councils (e.g., Councils of Nicea I and II, Council of Trent)
· movements (e.g., Protestantism, Pentecostalism)
· documents (e.g., the Chalcedonian Creed, Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy)
· and more
Students of the Bible, college and seminary students, and anyone who desires to deepen their understanding of the Christian faith will find this an indispensable resource.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.