The Autism Book: What Every Parent Needs to Know About Early Detection, Treatment, Recovery, and Prevention - eBook
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Little, Brown and Company
Publication Date: 2010
With clarity and compassion, Dr. Robert Sears guides the reader through the maze of autism, explaining what precautions parents can take to decrease their baby's risk, how to detect autism at the earliest possible age, and how to proceed once a diagnosis has been made. The book provides parents with a simple and clear understanding of the biomedical treatment approach that Dr. Sears has used successfully with many of his young patients. It lays out a plan for developmental, behavioral, and learning therapies; shows parents how to begin treatments without a doctor's help; presents information on vaccines and their safe use; and includes an extensive resources section. THE AUTISM BOOK provides all the information and reassurance parents need.
Robert W. Sears, MD, is a pediatrician in private practice in southern California. Dr. Bob received his medical degree from Georgetown University and completed his pediatric training at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. He has co-authored six books in the Sears Parenting Library, including The Portable Pediatrician and The Baby Book. He is also the author of The Autism Book and co-author of Happy Baby. He lives with his family in Dana Point, CA.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Special Needs/Gifted
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Special Needs/Gifted
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Health Concerns