Raising a child with Autism can be rewarding, but also challenging. Its easy for parents and their children with Autism to feel isolated and misunderstood. How can you help? What can you say?
Packed with easy-to-read information, practical tips, and Scripture, Joni Eareckson Tada's 20-page Help a Friend: Autism
pamphlet provides effective ways to come alongside families affected by autism spectrum disorder.
Each quick guide includes:
Explanation of the topic and how to provide care and comfortRelevant Examples
Brief stories, description of struggles your friend is likely to experienceQuick Tips
Things to avoid saying, tips, and resources for further helpComfort and Encourage
Comforting Bible verses and quotes from Joni Eareckson Tada and othersPerfect for personal use, small groups, ministry gifts, church giveaways, and more. 20 panels, 3.85" x 8.5", unfolds to 38.5 inches long. Easily fits in a standard legal envelope.4 Features of the Help a Friend: Autism Pamphlet by Joni Eareckson Tada
1. Practical Tips to Help a Friend Cope with Autism
- Is there anything I can do/say when my friend's child is diagnosed with autism? How can I befriend a new member of my church or small group that has autism? When is it OK to offer prayer? How can I involve others to help my friend in a way that's safe and tactful?
Enjoy having the answers to all these questions and more at your fingertips. With this pamphlet you'll have
2. Simple Overview, Explanations, and Facts About Autism
- Practical ways to make friends with children and adults with autism
- Tips for praying with those coping with autism
- Ways to use the fruit of the Spirit to serve families affected by autism
- Get equipped with a clear definition and explanation of autism to gain a better understanding of what your friend is going through.
From antisocial behavior to resistance to change and learning disabilities, autism takes on many forms in varied combinations. With the Help a Friend: Autism
pamphlet, you will quickly get a simple overview on everything you need to know about autism. You will get
3. Biblical Wisdom and Relatable Examples
- A Simple Overviewincluding the most common symptoms
- 7 Myths about Autism
- Important facts and statistics on autism
- Get encouraged by brief stories from families that learned to thrive with autism. From Scriptures to real life stories, Joni Eareckson Tada brings instant encouragement to equip you with the tools you need to guide your friend through difficult times. Also gain understanding of God's purposes for pain and his redemption plan. Know when to lend an ear, share assurance of God's comfort, and more! Includes
- Relatable stories to encourage and strengthen
- 3 tips for serving families with autism in your church
About the Help a Friend Pamphlet Series by Joni Eareckson Tada
- Individual use
- Small groups
- Ministry gifts
- Lay counseling
- Chaplain programs
- Church giveaways
In a joint effort with Joni and Friends and Tyndale Publishers, this pamphlet series is specially designed to accompany the Beyond Suffering Bible
. God does not enjoy seeing your suffering. He has compassion for you and gives you many ways to deal with lifes pain so that you can have peace.
The Help a Friend pamphlet series focuses on the first response by a caring friend to bad news about a loved one. Get equipped to be supportive and encouraging to the sufferer. Gain the confidence to reach out rather than avoid. Check out all the titles in the Help a Friend
About the Author
- Memory Loss
Joni Eareckson Tada offers hope to people struggling with health and emotional challenges. After a 1967 diving accident left her a spinal cord-injured quadriplegic, Tada embarked on a lifelong study to make sense of suffering from Gods perspective. Joni Eareckson Tada is now an international advocate for individuals with disabilities, and the founder of the non-profit organization, Joni & Friends.