Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Get everything you can out of your time reading the classics!
Leland Ryken provides a clear pathway to understanding the "Great Works" through this engaging series of short guidebooks. Beginning with "why the classics matter" and "the nature and function of literature," readers will find a helpful path to reading and analyzing influential works in the Western canon. Evaluating the text from a distinctly Christian perspective, this guide to Augustine's Confessions includes a summary, commentary, and contextual notes on various elements in the chapter.
Christian Guide to the Classics books provide:
- An introduction to the author and work
- An explanation of the cultural context
- Incorporated published criticism
- Definitions of key literary terms
- Discussion questions
- Resources for further study
79 pages, softcover. High School-Adult.
|Title: Augustine's Confessions|
By: Leland Ryken
Number of Pages: 96
Publication Date: 2015
|Dimensions: 8.25 X 5.25 (inches)|
Weight: 3 ounces
Series: Christian Guides to the Classics
Stock No: WW542481
Leland Ryken (PhD, University of Oregon) served as professor of English at Wheaton College for nearly 50 years. He has authored or edited over fifty books, including The Word of God in English and A Complete Handbook of Literary Forms in the Bible. He is a frequent speaker at the Evangelical Theological Society's annual meetings and served as literary stylist for the English Standard Version Bible.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Language Arts
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Literature Study Guides
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction
- Last Chance Bargains >> Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Literature Study Guides