Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Assessment in counseling—like its biblical counterpart, discernment—is an ongoing and dynamic routine to encourage movement in a productive direction toward what is truly best. In Assessment for Counseling in Christian Perspective, Stephen P. Greggo equips counselors to put assessment techniques into practical use, particularly with clients who are looking to grow in their identity with Jesus Christ. As a Christian perspective on assessment, this book is designed to supplement standard resources and help counselors navigate challenges at the intersection of psychotherapy and Christian ministry. Greggo charts a course for care that brings best practices of the profession together with practices of Christian discipleship. Key topics include:
- Does a Christian worldview offer distinguishing parameters for assessment practice?
- Can clinical proficiency in assessment bring glory to God?
- How can the crucial psychometric construct of validity be translated into our Christian faith?
- In what ways can the inclusion of objective procedures be transformed into a message of hospitality and affirmation?
- How can counselors maximize the benefits of a therapeutic alliance to attend to immediate concerns and foster spiritual formation?
- How can formal personality measures add depth and substance to the counseling experience?
- How can assessment contribute to client retention, treatment completion, and aftercare planning?
With Assessment for Counseling in Christian Perspective, clinical and pastoral counselors can bring the best of assessment into counseling that reflects the essence of the Christian faith.
|Title: Assessment for Counseling in Christian Perspective|
By: Stephen P. Greggo
Number of Pages: 345
Vendor: IVP Academic
|Publication Date: 2019|
Weight: 1 pound 7 ounces
Stock No: WW828581
Essential Assessment Skills for Couple and Family TherapistsLee WilliamsGuilford Press / 2011 / Hardcover$89.06
Essential Skills in Family Therapy, Third EditionJoEllen Patterson, Lee Williams, Todd M. Edwards, Larry Chamow & Claudia Grauf-GroundsGuilford Press / 2018 / Hardcover$28.49 Retail:
$45.00Save 37% ($16.51)
Skills for Effective Counseling: A Faith-Based IntegrationElisabeth A. Nesbit Sbanotto, Heather Davediuk Gingrich, Fred C. GingrichIVP Academic / 2016 / Trade Paperback$28.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$45.00Save 36% ($16.01)
Counseling Assessment and Evaluation: Fundamentals of Applied PracticeJoshua WatsonSage Publications / 2014 / Trade Paperback$128.25