Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Aspects of Reforming: Theology and Practice in Sixteenth Century Europe - eBook|
By: Michael Parsons
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Publication Date: 2014
Series: Studies in Christian History and Thought
Stock No: WW69308EB
Experts in reformation studies identify and elucidate areas of sixteenth century reforming activity in Martin Luther, John Calvin and other leading reformers to demonstrate the thoroughgoing nature of the reformation agenda. The interpretation of Scripture, the centrality of Jesus Christ, the Jewish question, freedom and pastoral insight form the contents of an important section on Luther. The use of feminine imagery for God, the Augsburg Confession, deification, education, and the gospel are treated in relation to Calvin. The final section deals with Oecolampadius, the Son of Man texts in Matthew, justification, texts on difficult deaths and a Trinitarian exegesis of Scripture. By careful reading of both the historical situation and the primary texts this volume adds significantly to our understanding of the period.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.