- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2011
After hearing His disciples' inquires, Jesus delineated details of events which would take place after His departure into heaven, up and through the time of His return to establish His Earthly Kingdom.
The disciples were anticipating an immediate arrival of Jesus' Kingdom, but Jesus, knowing this, gave them an accounting of events which must take place prior to the establishment of that Kingdom. He began by giving a direct warning to the disciples, followed by an explanation of trials that they would personally encounter. Jesus then told these disciples about the demise of Jerusalem which would take place in 70 A.D. Following that, He spoke of the coldness of heart which will permiate the society in the end times. He gave them the Abomination of Desolation as a sign of the approach of the end of the age. Jesus detailed the events which will surround His return to set up His Earthly Kingdom. Moreover, through parables, Jesus taught His disciples and those who will His discourse the importance of being prepared for His return. In the final scene of this discourse, Jesus presents a picture of a judgment which will take place in preparation for the establishment of His Kingdom.
There are many lessons to be learned through Jesus' presentation of the Olivet Discourse. This writer hopes that his readers will take to heart the lessons of this most prophetic disclosure on the end of the age.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Gospel Studies >> Exegetical/Theological Studies >> Sermon on the Mount
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living