Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
- A concise, formally structured summation of 100 of the most important arguments in Western philosophy
- The first book of its kind to present the most important and influential philosophical arguments in a clear premise/conclusion format, the language that philosophers use and students are expected to know
- Offers succinct expositions of key philosophical arguments without bogging them down in commentary
- Translates difficult texts to core arguments
- Designed to provides a quick and compact reference to everything from Aquinas’ “Five Ways” to prove the existence of God, to the metaphysical possibilities of a zombie world
- Visit www.justthearguments.com, the editor's site for students, teachers, researchers, and fans of philosophy
Steven Barbone is Associate Professor of Philosophy at San Diego State University.
“A useful resource for an undergraduate library, this book also would be suitable for undergraduate courses, particularly introduction to philosophy, logic, and critical thinking. Summing Up: Highly recommended. Lower-level undergraduates and general readers.” (Choice, 1 September 2012)