Archaeological Theory: An Introduction - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Series: Wiley Desktop Editions
Archaeological Theory, 2nd Edition is the mostcurrent and comprehensive introduction to the field available.Thoroughly revised and updated, this engaging text offers studentsan ideal entry point to the major concepts and ongoing debates inarchaeological research.
- New edition of a popular introductory text that exploresthe increasing diversity of approaches to archaeologicaltheory
- Features more extended coverage of 'traditional' orculture-historical archaeology
- Examines theory across the English-speaking world andbeyond
- Offers greatly expanded coverage of evolutionary theory,divided into sociocultural and Darwinist approaches
- Includes an expanded glossary, bibliography, and usefulsuggestions for further readings
Matthew Johnson is Professor of Archaeology at the University of Southampton. He has taught at the University of Sheffield, St. David's University College, Lampeter, and at Durham University. His previous books include Housing Culture: Traditional Architecture in an English Landscape (1993), An Archaeology of Capitalism (1996, Blackwell), and Ideas Of Landscape (2006, Blackwell).
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Archaeological Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> History >> Archaeological Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Archaeological Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Archaeological Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> History