Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Examine the primary tenets of Christianity. The Apostles' Creed was born from the apostles' teachings. It contains essential doctrines and beliefs that summarize the gospel and the foundation of our faith. The scriptural truths contained in the creed enable us to build our Christian lives on good theology, with the knowledge that our faith is rooted in truth and a rich history.
The Apostles' Creed Bible Study Book includes 12 small-group sessions, 12 weeks of personal Bible study, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," and tips for leading a group.
Number of Pages: 160
Publication Date: 2017
|Dimensions: 9.50 X 7.00 X 0.40 (inches)|
The lines of the creed arent mere words. They are the essence of what we confess and believe. Repeating the creed doesnt make disciples. Incantations dont transform us into better, more effective Christians. Creeds dont hold any authority apart from Scripture, but they do point outside themselves to the authoritative Word of God.
The Apostles Creed was traditionally used as a public confession before baptism. This confession of faith, given as a recitation of the creed, was understood as an act of turning away from previous pagan beliefs and fully accepting apostolic teaching. This profession identified new believers with the community of Christians.
This group study from Matt Chandler and The Village Church leads to greater clarity of our religion, greater symmetry and balance as a disciple, and a more profound sense of belonging in the kingdom of God.
The Apostles Creed Bible Study Book includes 12 small-group sessions, 12 weeks of personal Bible study, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," and tips for leading a group.
1. I Believe In
2. God the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth
3. And in Jesus Christ, His Only Son, Our Lord
4. Who Was Conceived by the Holy Spirit, Born of the Virgin Mary
5. Suffered Under Pontius Pilate; Was Crucified, Dead, and Buried
6. He Descended to Hell, the Third Day He Rose Again from the Dead
7. He Ascended into Heaven and Sits on the Right Hand of the Father Almighty
8. From Whence He Shall Come to Judge the Living and the Dead
9. I Believe in the Holy Spirit
10. The Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints
11. The Forgiveness of Sins
12. The Resurrection of the Body and the Life Everlasting. Amen
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
• 12 small-group sessions that guide groups through the theological implications of the creed
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Help believers better understand the foundations of the Christian faith.
• Improve evangelistic efforts by learning the fundamentals of the Christian faith.
• Gain a succinct understanding of Christianity, its origins, and its basic theology.
• Understand the significance of understanding and clearly professing what you believe.
• Transform your group into engaged disciples of Jesus who embrace and practice the essential doctrines of their faith.
Actualmente Matt participa en los esfuerzos de plantación de iglesias a nivel tanto local como internacional mediante la Iglesia The Village y diversas alianzas estratégicas. Se desempeña como presidente de Hechos 29, una organización de plantación de iglesias a escala mundial. Durante los 10 últimos años, Hechos 29 surgió de una pequeña congregación y se extendió a unas 500 iglesias en los Estados Unidos y alrededor del Mundo. Además de disertar en conferencias alrededor del mundo, Matt ha escrito varios libros, entre los que se incluyen The Explicit Gospel (El evangelio explícito) y Creature of the Word (Criatura de la Palabra), publicados en abril y octubre de 2012 respectivamente. Aparte de Jesús, su mayor alegría es haberse casado con Lauren y ser el padre de sus tres hijos Audrey, Reid y Norah.
Matt Chandler serves as Lead Pastor of Teaching at The Village Church in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. He came to The Village in December 2002 and describes his tenure as a replanting effort where he was involved in changing the theological and philosophical culture of the congregation. The church has witnessed a tremendous response growing from 160 people to over 11,000 with campuses in Flower Mound, Dallas, Denton and Fort Worth.