Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Relying on the ancient documents, as well as latest archeological findings and scientific research, acclaimed author Mike Aquilina takes you on a journey through the Apostolic Age, bringing to life the ancient streets and crowded marketplaces through which Mary and the Apostles journeyed as they built a Church that lasts even to our day.
Number of Pages: 160
Vendor: Sophia Institute Press
Publication Date: 2017
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Seven Revolutions: How Christianity Changed the World and Can Change It AgainMike Aquilina, James PapandreaImage / 2014 / Hardcover$15.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$22.00Save 27% ($6.01)
Yours Is the Church: How Catholicism Shapes Our WorldMike AquilinaServant Books / 2012 / Trade Paperback$13.49 Retail:
$14.99Save 10% ($1.50)
A Year With the Church Fathers: Patristic Wisdom for Daily LivingMike AquilinaSaint Benedict Press / 2010 / Imitation Leather$33.99 Retail:
$44.95Save 24% ($10.96)
What You'll Learn▼▲
- The apostolic church: what is was and why it's so important
- Why Jesus chose a coward and a liar to be the first Pope
- Tradition: do you know what it really means?
- The surprising meaning of the term apostle, and how it validates the sacrament of Confession
- The unlikely apostle who evangelized as far as India
- Proof that the church from the beginning had a hierarchy, just as she has today
- The word trinity: did you know that it doesn't appear in the Bible?
- Why Christians nonetheless believe that God is not one, but a communion of three divine persons
- Jesus's Great Commission to the apostles (and to you, too): do you know what it is? Are you carrying it out?
- Why the apostles considered persecution a success rather than failure
- Why we speak of the "crown" of martyrdom (It has to do with St. Stephen)
- The many reasons Jews despised the Romans (and the Romans scorned the Jews) - and the difference Christianity made
- Why St. Paul went to Rome, and Peter, too, along with so many of the great names of the early church, where most were killed
- Why many portraits of the apostles show them as alike as a dozen eggs
- Paul's stern warning against factions in Christianity. It's in the Bible: do you know where?
- The many heresies denounced in the New Testament (the apostles were strict about doctrine)
- The primacy of the Bishop of Rome: it’s already there in apostolic times
- How the destruction of the temple in A.D. 70 gave force to the Christian faith
- And much more from archaeology, history, and Scripture to reveal to you the foundations of our common faith, and to strengthen your own