Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Relying on the ancient documents, as well as latest archeological findings and scientific research, acclaimed author Mike Aquilina takes you on a journey through the Apostolic Age, bringing to life the ancient streets and crowded marketplaces through which Mary and the Apostles journeyed as they built a Church that lasts even to our day.
|Title: The Apostles and Their Times: Archeology, History, and Scripture Unveil What Life Was Really Like During the Apostolic Age|
By: Mike Aquilina
Number of Pages: 160
Vendor: Sophia Institute Press
Publication Date: 2017
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Weight: 8 ounces
Stock No: WW824604
Mike Aquilina, Frederick W. GruberServant Books / 2015 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$15.29
Retail Price$16.99Save 10% ($1.70)
Mike AquilinaSaint Benedict Press / 2010 / Imitation LeatherOur Price$40.46
Retail Price$44.95Save 10% ($4.49)
Mike AquilinaOur Sunday Visitor / Trade PaperbackOur Price$14.36
Retail Price$15.95Save 10% ($1.59)
Hermann Gunkel, Roy A. HarrisvilleAugsburg Fortress / 2008 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$19.00
What You'll Learn▼▲
- The apostolic church: what is was and why it's so important
- Why Jesus chose a coward and a liar to be the first Pope
- Tradition: do you know what it really means?
- The surprising meaning of the term apostle, and how it validates the sacrament of Confession
- The unlikely apostle who evangelized as far as India
- Proof that the church from the beginning had a hierarchy, just as she has today
- The word trinity: did you know that it doesn't appear in the Bible?
- Why Christians nonetheless believe that God is not one, but a communion of three divine persons
- Jesus's Great Commission to the apostles (and to you, too): do you know what it is? Are you carrying it out?
- Why the apostles considered persecution a success rather than failure
- Why we speak of the "crown" of martyrdom (It has to do with St. Stephen)
- The many reasons Jews despised the Romans (and the Romans scorned the Jews) - and the difference Christianity made
- Why St. Paul went to Rome, and Peter, too, along with so many of the great names of the early church, where most were killed
- Why many portraits of the apostles show them as alike as a dozen eggs
- Paul's stern warning against factions in Christianity. It's in the Bible: do you know where?
- The many heresies denounced in the New Testament (the apostles were strict about doctrine)
- The primacy of the Bishop of Rome: it’s already there in apostolic times
- How the destruction of the temple in A.D. 70 gave force to the Christian faith
- And much more from archaeology, history, and Scripture to reveal to you the foundations of our common faith, and to strengthen your own
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.