- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Cyber Deals
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
In this revised and updated second edition to the comprehensive and widely used Apostle of the Crucified Lord, theologian Michael Gorman presents a theologically focused, historically grounded interpretation of Paul. Gorman situates his study within current approaches, brings the conversation up to date with major developments in Pauline studies, and devotes greater attention to themes of participation, transformation, resurrection, justice, and peace. Enhancing the text are questions for reflection and discussion at the end of each chapter as well as numerous photos, maps, and tables throughout.
Number of Pages: 707
Vendor: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Publication Date: 2016
|Dimensions: 9.25 X 6.25 (inches)|
Paul and the Faithfulness of God: Christian Origins and the Question of God, 2 VolsN.T. WrightFortress Press / 2013 / Trade Paperback$55.99 Retail:Video
$89.00Save 37% ($33.01)
University of St. Andrews
"Michael Gorman enviably combines simplicity of presentation with profound originality. The present work, enhanced in this new edition, is simultaneously an accessible textbook and an exposition of challenging new ideas which all Pauline scholars must take seriously. A book to draw in the beginner and to compel the expert into fresh reflection."
Douglas A. Campbell
Duke Divinity School
"Gorman's learned, sustained, inclusive advocacy of participation as the center of Paul's gospel is one of the key features of the modern scholarly landscape. This second edition of his balanced yet probing introduction to Paul's thought is therefore profoundly welcome."
Michael F. Bird
Ridley College, Melbourne
"The best introduction to Paul and his letters just got better!"
Frank J. Matera
Catholic University of America
"I have used Michael Gorman's introduction to Paul with both undergraduate and graduate students. In my experience it is the best available introduction to Paul and his letters. Theological as well as historical and literary in its approach, it introduces students to what they need to know about Paul and his letters. The appearance of this revised and updated edition is good news for all who love and teach Paul."
Duke Divinity School
"In this accessible book written for a wide audience, Gorman charts a journey to the transformative heart of Paul's gospel: the crucified and resurrected Messiah."
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Introductions
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Theology
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Introductions
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> Pauline Theology
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Introductions
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Theology
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Introductions
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> Pauline Theology