Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Set Apart: Calling a Worldly Church to a Godly Life - eBook|
By: R. Kent Hughes
Format: DRM Free ePub
|Publication Date: 2003|
Stock No: WW7183EB
"The church must be distinct from the world to reach the world."
- From Chapter 1
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for [God's] own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9, ESV).
Holy and dedicated to declaring the excellencies of God-this is the church, or is it? Can we really call the church holy?
- A minority of those who claim to be born again say they believe in moral absolutes (Source: Barna Research).
- One third of evangelicals between the ages of 18 and 35 have no problem with unmarried men and women living together (Source: Evangelical Alliance).
Evangelical Christianity is becoming increasingly worldly. Materialism, hedonism, violence, sexual misconduct, pluralism, and divorce are becoming as common within the church as without. As a result the church is losing its distinct identity as a people set apart to reach the world.
In this book, R. Kent Hughes builds a case for godliness in the church-a case that echoes the biblical call to holiness. The church can reach the world only if it keeps itself from being ensnared by the world. Hughes is not simply urging Christians to say no to worldliness-he is calling the church to say yes to Christ and to his call to reach our lost world.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Supplies >> Ministries >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Supplies >> Ministries >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Supplies >> Pastoral Ministry