- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Originally delivered as sermons by pastor Mark Dever at Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington DC, these three studies are now available in one hardcover volume. Dever guides readers to take a step back and look at the Bible from a broader perspective. As we notice new features of an object when viewed from a distance, so too the major themes of Scripture become more apparent when we take in the Bible as a whole. Part of the IXMarks series, this book considers the central messages of the Bible as seen in the promises of God.
Dever examines the general narrative of God's Word to answer the question, "What does God wants of us anyway?" Readers looking for a panoramic view of Scripture will be reminded of the faithful, persistent love of God and find themselves drawn into a broader, but deeper, understanding of the maker and keeper of promises.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Publication Date: 2010
Mark Dever has provided an excellent remedy for this problem. Originally a series of sermons preached at Capitol Hill Baptist Church, What Does God Want of Us Anyway? is a concise but thorough presentation of the central themes of Scripture. The book's subtitle says that this is a quick overview, but Dever has been careful to provide explanations of potentially confusing concepts such as sin, covenant, and atonement. He offers up a recurring riddle: How can God forgive 'wickedness, rebellion and sin' and yet 'not leave the guilty unpunished'? Thankfully, he also provides the glorious answer.
Each of the book's three sections concludes with several questions for further thought which are wonderfully helpful. I echo the resolve of Aaron Menikoff in his endorsement: this is a book I will give away again and again. Pam Glass, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> Complete Bible Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Complete Bible Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Biblical Studies >> Complete Bible Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Introducing the Faith
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship