This product is not available for expedited shipping.
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
Baking is a science. But who wants to spend hours in the kitchen experimenting? Thankfully, Sarah Phillips does. She has discovered what causes baking disasters and shows bakers at all levels of expertise how to avoid them. With unique tips and exhaustively tested recipes, this book takes the guesswork out of baking.
Baking is a science. But who wants to spend hours in the kitchen experimenting?
Thankfully, Sarah Phillips does. She has discovered what causes baking disasters and shows bakers at all levels of expertise how to avoid them. With unique tips and exhaustively tested recipes, Baking 9-1-1
takes the guesswork out of baking and explains:
- How to make a cake that won't fall in the middle
- What it takes to bake a flaky piecrust
- The easiest way to prevent a cheesecake from cracking
- How to make the perfect chocolate chip cookie that's thick and chewy
- The trick to storing baked goods
- The answers to niggling questions such as "Does butter really need to be room temperature?" and "What is the difference between one cup flour sifted and one cup sifted flour?" among many others.
The recipes in Baking 9-1-1
solve bakers' most frustrating problems. They include an all-purpose pie dough, a lemon meringue pie that doesn't sweat, thick and rich chocolate ganache fudge sauce, no-fuss buttermilk biscuits, and dozens more. Baking 9-1-1
is the source for foolproof answers that simply can't be found anywhere else.
Sarah Phillips is the founder of www.baking911.com. Formerly the
baking expert at iVillage, Phillips develops recipes for the bakeware company Chicago Metallic. Her recipes have been published in Prevention magazine.
She lives in New York.
John Mack Carter former President, Hearst Magazines Enterprises, and Editor-in-Chief, Good Housekeeping ...the art of baking calls forth a never-ending variety of questions....Now comes sweet-talking Sarah Phillips, professional baker, with all the answers.
Reese Schonfeld Founding CEO, Food Network The go-to guide for baking emergencies....Keep this one close by your oven.
Toba Garrett author of Creative Cookies and The Well-Decorated Cake, and Chef/Instructor, The Institute of Culinary Education The perfect companion to a baker's library. Sarah guides you step-by-step in solving your baking needs. Her great ideas will help you achieve great results.