Answering the Call: The Doctor Who Made Africa His Life: The Remarkable Story of Albert Schweitzer - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Answering the Call: The Doctor Who Made Africa His Life: The Remarkable Story of Albert Schweitzer - eBook|
By: Ken Gire
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2013
Series: Christian Encounters
Stock No: WW34795EB
Revere life, and give yours away for the sake of serving others.
As a young man, Albert Schweitzer seemed destined for greatness. His immense talent and fortitude propelled him to a place as one of Europes most renowned philosophers, theologians, and musicians in the early twentieth century. Yet Schweitzer shocked his contemporaries by forsaking worldly success and embarking on an epic journey into the wilds of French Equatorial Africa, vowing to serve as a lifelong physician to the least of these in a mysterious land rife with famine, sickness, and superstition.
Enduring hardship, conflict, and personal struggles, he and his beloved wife, Hélène, became French prisoners of war during WWI, and Hélène later battled persistent illnesses.
Ken Gires page-turning, novelesque narrative sheds new light on Schweitzers faith-in-action ethic and his commitment to honor God by celebrating the sacredness of all life.
The legacy of this 1952 Nobel Prize honoree endures in the thriving African hospital community that began in a humble chicken coop, in the millions who have drawn inspiration from his example, and in the challenge that emanates from his life story into our day.Albert Schweitzer seemed destined for greatnessand he achieved it by making his life his greatest sermon to a world in desperate need of hope and healing.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Download >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Biography
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.