or checkout with
1 and 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus / Revised - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: 1 and 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus / Revised - eBook|
By: Tremper Longman III, David E. Garland
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Zondervan Academic
Publication Date: 2017
Series: Expositor's Bible Commentary
Stock No: WW90920EB
Continuing a Gold Medallion Award-winning legacy, the completely revised Expositor's Bible Commentary puts world-class biblical scholarship in your hands.
A staple for students, teachers, and pastors worldwide, The Expositor's Bible Commentary (EBC) offers comprehensive yet succinct commentary from scholars committed to the authority of the Holy Scriptures. The EBC uses the New International Version of the Bible, but the contributors work from the original Hebrew and Greek languages and refer to other translations when useful.
Each section of the commentary includes:
- An introduction: background information, a short bibliography, and an outline
- An overview of Scripture to illuminate the big picture
- The complete NIV text
- Extensive commentary
- Notes on textual questions, key words, and concepts
- Reflections to give expanded thoughts on important issues
The series features 56 contributors, who:
- Believe in the divine inspiration, complete trustworthiness, and full authority of the Bible
- Have demonstrated proficiency in the biblical book that is their specialty
- Are committed to the church and the pastoral dimension of biblical interpretation
- Represent geographical and denominational diversity
- Use a balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion
- Write from an evangelical viewpoint
For insightful exposition, thoughtful discussion, and ease of uselook no further than The Expositor's Bible Commentary.
Andreas Köstenberger is research professor of New Testament and Biblical Theology and director of the Center for Biblical Studies at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of numerous works on the book of John, including his commentary in the Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament series, and "John" in Commentary on New Testament Use of the Old Testament.
Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. He is on the advisory council of the BioLogos Foundation, and is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and general editor for the Story of God Bible Commentary Old Testament, and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.
The thoroughly revised features consist of:
- Comprehensive introductions
- Short and precise bibliographies
- Detailed outlines
- Insightful expositions of passages and verses
- Overviews of sections of Scripture to illuminate the big picture
- Occasional reflections to give more detail on important issues
- Notes on textual questions and special problems, placed close to the texts in question
- Transliterations and translations of Hebrew and Greek words,
- A balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.