This product is an eBook
V. Philips LongIVP Academic / 2020 / ePubOur Price$16.494.5 out of 5 stars for 1 and 2 Samuel: An Introduction and Commentary - eBook. View reviews of this product. 2 Reviews
Retail Price$29.99Save 45% ($13.50)Availability: In StockStock No: WW104456EB
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
MichaelIndian Trail, NCAge: 55-65Gender: Male5 Stars Out Of 5Excellent Commentary On 1 And 2 SamuelJune 4, 2020MichaelIndian Trail, NCAge: 55-65Gender: MaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Another excellent addition to the "Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries" series, the title is an excellent study guide for teachers, preachers, personal study, or small groups covering 1 or 2 Samuel. Around 500 pages, there are many things to like about this book:
- How and why the books of 1 and 2 Samuel are so important.
- Description of the people in the books.
- Good background info: author, date, context, etc.
- Very readable and full of good biblical insights.
- Good verse-by-verse and section exposition - the commentary does not bounce around and skip parts of the books.
- Book is light and easy to carry around - easily fits in a backpack, under your arm, etc.
- Detailed bibliography.
Very helpful for anyone wanting to know about these books. Highly recommended.
RICHARD HOLTClovis, NMAge: 45-54Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5A good value.April 16, 2011RICHARD HOLTClovis, NMAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4Baldwin is an Evangelical writer whose work is always helpful. This book is no exception. It is very brief, but serves as a great aid to personal study and/or lesson preparation. It is enlightening and practical. It is very accessible. For in-depth discussion of scholarly issues, one will need to look elsewhere. But for a solid exposition, built upon good scholarship this is very good.
Page 1 of 1