Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom - eBook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom - eBook|
By: John O'Donohue
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: HarperCollins e-books
|Publication Date: 2009|
Stock No: WW72664EB
"Anam Cara is a rare synthesis of philosophy, poetry, and spirituality. This work will have a powerful and life-transforming experience for those who read it." —Deepak Chopra
John O'Donohue, poet, philosopher, and scholar, guides you through the spiritual landscape of the Irish imagination. In Anam Cara, Gaelic for "soul friend," the ancient teachings, stories, and blessings of Celtic wisdom provide such profound insights on the universal themes of friendship, solitude, love, and death as:
- Light is generous
- The human heart is never completely born
- Love as ancient recognition
- The body is the angel of the soul
- Solitude is luminous
- Beauty likes neglected places
- The passionate heart never ages
- To be natural is to be holy
- Silence is the sister of the divine
- Death as an invitation to freedom
John O'Donohue was awarded a Ph.D. in philosophical theology from the University of Tübingen in 1990. He is the author of several works, including a book on the philosophy of Hegel, Person als Vermittlung; two collections of poetry, Echoes of Memory and Conamara Blues; and two international bestsellers, Anam Cara and Eternal Echoes. He lectures and holds workshops in Europe and America, and is currently researching a book on the philosophical mysticism of Meister Eckhart. He lives in Ireland.
"This beautifully written book proves that tireless wisdom can bring an amazing understanding about ourselves and the world around us even today."
"A lively spiritual companion to all Celts—or to those who are Celtic in their hearts."
"John O'Donohue is an unassuming man with a grand sense of humor. . . charming."
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Monasticism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Monasticism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.