- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
One of the greatest leaders of our time, Desmond Tutu is beloved and admired throughout the world. His strength, grace, and optimism in the face of the atrocities of apartheid in South Africa and his tireless work as chairman of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission symbolize the abiding power of his Christian faith. Archbishop Tutu shares the source of his strength in An African Prayer Book, a profoundly moving and inspiring exploration of the spiritual riches in the vast and varied continent of Africa.
From thunderous multi-invocation litanies to quiet meditations, An African Prayer Book beautifully conveys the many ways of speaking to God. It brings together meditations and invocations Tutu has used over the years, the prayers of Monica, Augustine, Clement of Alexandria, Cyprian of Carthage, other great mothers and fathers of the Church, and an unusual selection of prayers from the African diasporas of North America and the Caribbean.
With an original introduction and commentary throughout that resounds with the Archbishop's characteristic energy and hopefulness, An African Prayer Book is a one-of-a-kind guide to devotion. Addressing universal themes and timeless concerns, particularly the need to confront despair and suffering, it will appeal to people of all faiths.
Desmond Tutu, the recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1984, retired as Archbishop of Cape Town, South Africa, in 1996 and was later named as Chairman of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission by Nelson Mandela. He lives in South Africa and lectures throughout the world.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Prayer >> Collected Prayers >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prayer >> Collected Prayers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Ecumenical & Multicultural Ministry
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship >> Collected Prayers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship >> Prayer
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prayer
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship