Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: Amphibian Diaries: A Field Guide for Truth-Seekers - eBook|
By: Thomas Nelson
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Elm Hill
|Publication Date: 2018|
Stock No: WW99247EB
Amphibian Diaries is a Field Guide for Truth-Seekers. A little green stowaway, named BP, in the authors baggage teaches six principles for recognizing Truth. These principles enable genuine, interpersonal dialogue while searching for personal significance.
The reader is invited to join the LifeBet, inspired by the philosophy of Blaise Pascal, which states that all of us live our lives by a bet we have madethere is a God, or there is no God.
LifeBet participants commit to seven discussions about foundational life issues: Origin, Meaning, Morality, and Destiny. BP and the author argue that these high-level conversations, while difficult, are essential. They are made practical and effective with SEARCH, an acronym for the six principles:
- We all have a Soul with a hole, a need to be fulfilled by a significant and secure life.
- We have an intrinsic Expectation of satisfaction that we cling to by faith.
- We express our beliefs in terms of Answers to lifes ultimate and necessary questions: Origin, Meaning, Destiny, and Morality.
- Our Reason to believe is always a matter of logical, empirical, and practical variables.
- Our beliefs are an expression of our view of the Correspondence between our ideas about reality and reality itself.
- Intrapersonal, interpersonal, and inspirational Humility is required for the entire conversation Life and God.
Readers have access to a website with concise and insightful support materials as well as connection for interaction with the author and others: www.AmphibianDiaries.com.
The book, the website, and the concept are all designed to move the reader in the direction of hope in a gentle and respectful manner. It presumes that if people genuinely seek Truth they will find themselves in the freedom of Gods love.
A teacher/speaker with a Masters from Dallas Seminary, his doctoral studies were at The Ohio State University. He worked for Fellowship of Christian Athletes, served as a senior pastor, as Area Director for Search Ministries, and is the Founder of The Heart for Homefacilitating group dialogue about Life and God. He and his wife of forty years in love have two daughters and two grandchildren. His hobbies include Gus, the service dog and anything fast and daring.