Add To Cart
Add To Cart
|Title: Amish Canning and Preserving|
By: Laura Anne Lapp
Number of Pages: 160
Vendor: Good Book Company
Publication Date: 2019
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 7.50 (inches)|
Weight: 2 pounds
Stock No: WW994568
Wanda E. BrunstetterBarbour Books / 2019 / Spiral BoundOur Price$15.295 out of 5 stars for Wanda E. Brunstetter's Amish Friends Christmas Cookbook. View reviews of this product. 34 Reviews
Retail Price$16.99Save 10% ($1.70)
The Amish are known for their canning practices, which are essential to communities of large families and even larger gardens. Written by Amish writer Laura Anne Lapp, Amish Canning & Preserving offers sixty classic recipes for all varieties of fresh garden-made fruits and vegetables.
Recipes are written with Amish-style simplicity and no-nonsense instructions, perfect for novices and experienced preservationists alike. Recipes include a multitude of homemade pickles, relishes, brines, and more, including:
- Fruits: Applesauce, Blueberry Pie Filling, Apple Pie Filling, Fruit Pudding (or Mush)
- Tomatoes: Stewed Tomatoes, Homemade V-8 Juice, Pizza Sauce, Ketchup, Salsa
- Pickles: Sweet Kosher Dill Pickles, Mustard Pickles, Banana Pickles
- Pickled Vegetables: Crisp Dilly Green Beans, Pickled Beets, Harvard Beets
- Relishes: Green Tomato Relish, Onion Relish, Zucchini Relish
- Jams and Jellies: Strawberry Jam, Grape Jelly, Elderberry Jelly, Hot Pepper Jam
- Sweet Spreads: Pear Butter, Pear Honey, Easy Apple Butter
- Soups: Cream of Celery Soup, Ham and Bean Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup
- And much more!
Amish Canning & Preserving gives readers a close-up of a world seldom seen to show how canning and preserving and Amish life work rhythmically together.
"Growing up Amish, the eldest daughter in a family of seven, canning and preserving were always a part of family life, a part of summertime that went hand in hand with gardening. Now, as a mother of four growing boys with a large garden, I still find canning and preserving a part of my summer tradition. I love gardening, and preserving the beauty of my garden is just another part of that tradition."
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.