Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Many other belief systems try to place themselves on the same level as Christianity, and many people believe that just believing in anything is good enough. With in-depth information about world religions, cults and non-religious worldviews, British publisher John Hunt covers well-known and little-known ideologies, letting each speak for itself (quoting sacred texts for many examples) before contrasting it to Christianity. Scientology, Judaism, atheism and Zoroastrianism are just a few of the many belief systems examined in light of the Gospel in this volume of AMG's Handi-Reference Series.
Number of Pages: 800
Vendor: AMG Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
|Dimensions: 7.00 X 5.00 (inches)|
Correcting the Cults: Expert Responses to Their Scripture TwistingNorman L. Geisler, Ron RhodesBaker Books / 2005 / Trade Paperback$28.004 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
WORLD RELIGIOUS AND CULTS
is a comprehensive introduction to and analysis of all the variety of beliefs present in the world today. it analysis the Christian faith, cults, non-Christian world religions, contemporary movements, and atheistic beliefs and then highlights their dangers and compares them with the truth of Scripture.
The greatest need in the world today is for the truth of the Christian gospel to be spread. However, a necessary part of that activity is to identify and expose false religion in al its forms. AMG's Handi-Reference:World Religions and Cults leaves no stone unturned in its examination of false teaching. The approach is from an evangelical Christian perspective, aiming to help bot understanding and discernment in approaching the variety of beliefs widespread in the world today.
Section 1 covers twelve classical religions: Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Taoism, Judaism, Jainism, Confucianism, Bahai, Shinto and Zoroastrianism. Extensive quotations from each group's scriptures are quoted. Handy list and tables are provider along with background articles, analysis of beliefs, and comparison with Christian beliefs.
Section 2 covers the traditional major Christian cults: Christian Science, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Mormonism. Also covered are religious practices from the New Age Movement, Hare Krishna, and Scientology to Transcendental Meditation.
John Hunt, who lives in the United Kingdom has been a publisher for years with his own publishing company--John Hunt Publishing. For the past years he has compiled numerous reference books for AMG and is responsible for the bestselling, multi-volume Made Easy series. John, his wife and children live in Alresfond,Hants.
DAN PENWELL was responsible for re-writing, editing, and reformatting the much larger text into this handi-reference guide. Dan has been in Christian publishing as a writer, product developer, and with AMG Publisher/Living Ink Books in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Each topic is clearly outlined and easy to find. Handy lists, tables, and comparison charts, such as the Time Line of World Religions, Cults, and Their Founders, and the extensive Glossary make browsing simple for those seeking basic and general information. Those seeking to delve into the minutiae of a particular religion or sect will not be disappointed, either, as each category of world religions, cults, and sects provides a wealth of information.
The greatest need in the world today is for the truth of the Christian gospel to be spread. However, a necessary part of that activity is to identify and expose false religion in all its forms. AMGs Handi-Reference World Religions & Cults leaves no stone unturned in its examination of false teaching.
- A detailed list of contents of the topic
- A summary or simple overview of each cult, religion or group.
- Facts and figures about the world religion/cult
- Comparison chart Beliefs: similarities and differences
- The history of the world religion/cult
- The source of authority of the world religion/cult
- The teachings of the world religion/cult. (This often includes extended quotations from the writings of the key books of the cult.)
- Contains information on How to witness to a member of a false world religion/cult
- Christianity is compared with other world religions and cults, under the following headings: Founder/Leader, Belief about the Holy Spirit, Foundational documents, The Way of Salvation, Belief about God, Death and the Afterlife, Belief about Jesus, and Other Beliefs
MasonAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Awesome bookOctober 24, 2011MasonAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5If you're interested in other religions and want to talk to them and understand where they're coming. This is a great book I had to buy two of him.
Patricia MurtaghCanada, TorontoAge: Over 65Gender: female3 Stars Out Of 5January 3, 2010Patricia MurtaghCanada, TorontoAge: Over 65Gender: femaleGave this book to my grandson for a gift and he loves it.. he is interested in world religions and now has a brief summary of all..
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Comparative Religions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> World Religions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Cults Occult & Spiritual Warfare >> Cults