Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: America's Prophet - eBook|
By: Bruce Feiler
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: William Morrow
Publication Date: 2009
Stock No: WW72631EB
Bruce Feiler’s New York Times bestsellers Abraham, Walking the Bible, and Where God Was Born brilliantly explored the roots of faith. With America’s Prophet, Feiler looks at Moses and the essential role the prophet has played in our nation’s history and development. Bruce Feiler’s most fascinating and thought-provoking book to date, America’s Prophet delves deeply into how the Exodus story and America’s true “Spiritual Founding Father” have inspired many of the most important figures and defining events in this country’s history—from the Mayflower Pilgrims to the Civil Rights movement—and how Moses can provide meaning in times of national crisis, even today.
Bruce Feiler is the author of six consecutive New York Times bestsellers, including Abraham, Where God Was Born, America's Prophet, The Council of Dads, and The Secrets of Happy Families. He is a columnist for the New York Times, a popular lecturer, and a frequent commentator on radio and television. He lives in Brooklyn with his wife and twin daughters.
With a journalist eye and an adventurers spirit, Bruce Feiler brings his prodigious gifts of biblical analysis to a reconsideration of Moses as the essential prophet of the American Experience. This is an accessible and engaging book of indispensible insight.
What a smart, original, and deeply intriguing reflection on the role Moses played yes, Moses in U.S. history. Americas Prophet is Bruce Feiler at his innovative best: compelling, sweeping and engaging. Highly recommended!
Fascinating and thought provoking.
Astunning collective portrait of an ingrown community with its own history, hierarchy, and traditions.
Penetrating and insightful. . . . Bruce Feilers Dreaming Out Loud details the ins and outs of Nashville.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> General Church History Studies >> Popular Guides to Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> General Church History Studies >> Popular Guides to Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> General Church History Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions